Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a john Deere 727a ztrack mower the problem is it runs great at idle but dies when I try to cut grass the carb has been rebuilt fuel l ines and tank are clean could this be a pump problem also the fuel filter never gets full of fuel

·
Registered
6,116 Posts
Looks like you have a Kawasaki engine. Can you drive the unit? A faulty seat switch would kill the engine as soon as the blades are turned on if the system sensed that no one was sitting in the seat. It would also do this when the parking brake is released.

If you can drive the unit, then I would suspect a faulty ignition module on one of the cylinders.

The fuel filter will usually not stay full, if it runs dry there could be an issue with the fuel pickup in the tank.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can drive it and it runs fine at wot until I hit the blades then it acts like its starving for due turn the blades back off and it runs fine again

·
Registered
6,116 Posts
I can drive it and it runs fine at wot until I hit the blades then it acts like its starving for due turn the blades back off and it runs fine again
Most likely you have a faulty ignition module that's loosing spark when the engine goes under a load. An inline gap type spark tester would verify this and let you know which cylinder is causing the issue.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts