Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 1959 Posts

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone! Joe's Hobby Barn and Raceway, in Terre Haute, Indiana, Will start running OVAL races beginning Oct. 11 2009

For those that have not been to Joe's indoor, We run a 90' flat Oval on Ozite carpet. We have AMB transponders in house, We do support personal transponders NOW ( New for this year). Racing will be on sundays. The first entry is $15, $10 for the second and so on. Doors open at 10am racing begins at 1:00pm. We run 2 heats and a main event.

NEW FOR THIS YEAR - WE ARE PUTTING NEW CARPET DOWN AND WE HAVE UPGRADED TO A NEWER COUNTING SYSTEM THAT DOES SUPPORT PERSONALS. :):thumbsup:

The most popular classes at Joe's are:

LEGEND - 4 cell spec, spec motor, spec tires. all original rules apply, except we use turnbuckles and bearings.

TOURING CAR - 2 cell Lipo 5200 limit, 13.5, COT Body, foam tires.

VTA OVAL - Any 4wd T/C chassis with 21.5 BL, 2 Cell Lipo We will be follwing the VTA rules except for the motor can be any ROAR approved 21.5.

RUBBER TIRE NASTRUCK - 6 cell or 5000 lipo, stock motor or 17.5 brushless, Nastruck body,TC Chassis, rubber tires.

PAN CAR - 1 cell 13.5 -( TOUR RULES )

PAN CAR - 1cell 17.5 Nastruck - ( TOUR RULES )

GEARBOX TRUCK - any stadium truck, 6 cell or 5000 lipo, stock motor or 13.5 brushless, truck body, foam tires.

NOVICE - "Run what you brung" If you are new to RC racing we encourage you to start in the novice class.

Joe's will run ANYTHING as long as there are 3 racers for a class!

WE ALWAYS WANT MORE RACERS!!!!!!

Sometime in november will be the "TOYS FOR TOTS" race. It is a trophy race. Admission is a new toy and $5. Bring more than one if you can! I want to set a record this year for toy donations. We will post a date up later, so keep an eye out and plan on attending this race. It is a blast every year!

Feel free to post up, keep this thread alive!

BTW: Brushless motors will be opened up to all manufactures this year.

Come on down and join in the fun with us!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
new rule added for Buck......that he has to run the wing I build for him.......lol.......with the color of the car I think that my lawn sweeper would look good behind that thing........hehe.......had to mess with ya on that one.....lol..:thumbsup:

·
Registered
863 Posts
new rule added for Buck......that he has to run the wing I build for him.......lol.......with the color of the car I think that my lawn sweeper would look good behind that thing........hehe.......had to mess with ya on that one.....lol..:thumbsup:
Brent, if you need any help with that wing for Buck I've got some extra two by fours and plywood......lol

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
I've done that in my nastruck last year......shoot.......lol.....well maybe because I spun and went across the loop backwards........lol...:p

·
Registered
774 Posts
:woohoo:Mark your calendar and keep Nov. 15th open for the 14th Annual Toys for Tots Race at Joe's Hobby Barn. As usual $5:thumbsup: and a new toy per class. There will be raffles and all procedes will be used to buy new toys which will be turned over to the Marine Corp for distribution in the Wabash Valley. Come out and have a good time and help children have a Merry Christmas. More details to come.:wave:

·
Registered
238 Posts
yo Qween kart is ya ready to race.been lookin' fer ya cause i hear ya been talkin' smack 'bout ol' TQ.gonna tear yer lips off when i cu

1 - 20 of 1959 Posts