Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We all are probably in need of the last two "Holy Grail" Tenth Anniversary cars to complete our sets. I had strong hopes of a trade for the Hurst Olds Dinner Car this summer (how often will a trade for one of those come along, instead of a trip to E Bay???), but alas, the trade went belly up.

Now, this rare one shows up on the 'Bay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=016&item=260034853665&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

OUCH.

Two Hunnert and Seventy bucks.

I just can't see myself ever paying that kind of money for one of those.

OUCH.

And the Olds always fetches over $200 whenever they (rarely) come up as well.

Maybe Clue cars would have been a better series to collect..... :drunk: :rolleyes: :lol:

·
Registered
5,967 Posts
There`s been 5 of these show up on the bay since october 2004,besides the 1st one I got the others have went $240-$290.
I now have 1 car in my collection that I`ll leave in the blister :thumbsup: since I opened the 1st one. I actually got very lucky on the 1st one for $73.

·
FnF: Fords n Ferraris
7,829 Posts
There are many JL's I will never acquire.
My goal of a complete set is having all the different cars made represented in diecast. A totally unrealistic goal for sure. It does mean though that I constantly find new additons that I can add to my "set" and not pay over $4.00 to do so. It keeps me within my diecast budget.
Its not that I don't envy some of the collections I see here on the board. Its more of a way of acceptance that I could never realistically obtain such a collection.

·
Premium Member
13,219 Posts
glhshelby said:
There`s been 5 of these show up on the bay since october 2004,besides the 1st one I got the others have went $240-$290.
I now have 1 car in my collection that I`ll leave in the blister :thumbsup: since I opened the 1st one. I actually got very lucky on the 1st one for $73.

Congrats on winning the auction glhshelby! :thumbsup: What an AWESOME car!

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
Wow, congrats! I think that one is out of my price range, fortunately it's not on my "Holy Grail" list. Otherwise I'd be tearing my hair out trying to get one!

·
Registered
12,345 Posts
I had dreams of completing the 50th Anniversary Corvette White Lightning set. I'm 5 short right now of having all 48, and it doesn't seem like I'll be seeing them any time soon. One I needed went for $282 last night, more than $100 over my top bid which wouldn't even register because two other bidders went nuts. :D

I will say I've thought about giving up several times, and in a couple of cases cars I saw go for $300 I was able to get for half the price later on, so it's possible to catch a break if you are very lucky.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts