Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
senile old cajun
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can anyone tell me how many wreckers jl has made?i have four of them rr tow nado,cg jlpd,monopoly 70th 99 ford tow truck and the cg ford f450 clarks service any help would me appreciated thanks ttfn johnny :cool:

·
senile old cajun
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks alot now i know what i gotto get ttfn johnny

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
I've got nine so far. Still need to find the Search & Rescue, T.L. Tow, and the RR raw version. I doubt I'll ever find the raw one, so I'd be happy with the first two.

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
Dadvball said:
I've got nine so far. Still need to find the Search & Rescue, T.L. Tow, and the RR raw version. I doubt I'll ever find the raw one, so I'd be happy with the first two.
Have all but the raw one, and not too interested in that one.

Bill, you, Dave, and I need to have a coffee very soon. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
carnut2256 said:
Bill, you, Dave, and I need to have a coffee very soon. :thumbsup:

Sounds good to me. I don't get out of work until 5:30/6:00 now, so it could be easier for me to meet you guys closer to you this time. Maybe someplace in N.K., so you just have to cross the bridge. Or, I could pick up Dave and we cross the bridge to you. Either way is ok with me.

·
Registered
7,693 Posts
kadman said:
thanks alot now i know what i gotto get ttfn johnny
If you're really 'going for it', there are several variations of the Rebel Rods tow trucks - engines, wheels. Good luck with your quest. The tows seem to be a pretty popular casting. You're lucky to have landed the Clark's Towing (my favorite). I'm planning on de-tampoing the Reading Railroad tow and converting it to a gas station tow with decals. It's going to require a lot of masking because there are tampos all over that thing! :drunk: Maybe I'll just strip it and start from scratch... :freak:
OK, RC2, how about some tows w/ Chevy and Dodge cabs?! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
8,588 Posts
there are
blue with flames
8 reg issue plastic tires 8 diffrent motors
8 wl
8 rr- tires 8 diffrent motors

bwf
8 reg issue plastic tires 8 diffrent motors
8 wl
8 rr-tire 8 diffrent motors
in other words there are.
3 types for each tow truck- example 1 reg plastic tires ovel motor. 1 reg rr tires ovel motor, 1 wl ovel motor. for a grand total of 48 tow trucks

motors are..

#1 injector blower
#2 ovel air cleaner
#3 honey comb
#4 3 hole butter fly
#5 dual quad
#6 high rise dual quad
#7 stacks
#8 bug catcher

then you have the reg issue tow trucks. example-tl tow- jlpd - clarks...
there are 2 each reg and wl version. and you have to remember that there are the rare test trucks example- raw version- see wyatts site
i could be wrong on some of this. if so let me know :wave:

so far i have 42 tow trucks :thumbsup:

·
senile old cajun
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
WOW i guess i know what im gonna be lookin for for the next 20 years or so lol thanks for all the info guys ttfn johnny :cool:

·
Registered
8,588 Posts
i love tow trucks. and collecting them isnt easy...but if you really get seriouse about it
you will find collecting them a challange.
i got lucky the other day and scored a chase route 66 - 1965 ford tow truck with white tow bill. for $15.50 shipping was 5.25

·
Registered
318 Posts
That is easily my favorite casting! I got real lucky and got the rubber tire variations of the Rebel Rods..I left the plastic wheel versions.

I got my Clark Towing Classic Gold off that auction site back when they first came out...

The only one I am missing that I want as of now is the Search and Rescue version.

Great casting...I wish they would use more....and maybe stick the chevy silverado front half on too!!

·
Registered
8,588 Posts
i need 4 more bwf plus 8wl
i need 5 more blue with flame and 7wl to complete these sets.

and 1 wl in the reg tow trucks. then i will be caught up on these. i hope rc2 dont kill the tow trucks. this is one thing i look forward to each year.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts