Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, as a few of you probably saw my post in the trades section a week or so ago....my father is getting into slot cars.....in specific he loves the JL Willys bodies. Does anyone have a link to a checklist of all of the Willy's that JL has produced?

I'm trying to help my dad build a complete set of these Willy's...... THANKS, Brian :thumbsup:

·
Silent but Deadly
4,359 Posts
These are the pullback versions

Silver Chrome
Gold Chrome
Blue Chrome
Purple
Pink
Blue with flames
Black with flames
Yellow with flames

But I don't know what they did in the later releases...

Hope this helps.

:)

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
owl said:
These are the pullback versions

Silver Chrome
Gold Chrome
Blue Chrome
Purple
Pink
Blue with flames
Black with flames
Yellow with flames

But I don't know what they did in the later releases...

Hope this helps.

:)
Owl, thanks for that much help.....I know there are several versions of the flamed Willy's....some have different color flames also...... :freak:

·
Registered
161 Posts
Hey TX
Add to the list purple with yellow flames, yellow MoonEyes with black stripes, and a dark red Big John Mazamian. Seems like the list of JL variations will grow alot! I'm with your dad....cant get enough Willys! :thumbsup: There are alot of custom Willys out there too. Weird Jack has a convertable kit which looks pretty easy and cheap for $3 each. (I wish I knew about that before I hacked out a Mustang convertable for the interior and boot..LOL) You can get Willys panel trucks and pick ups too. Bud's HO Cars has pick-ups that are pretty nice, not alot of cleaning and sanding. Mr WillysGasser also has a 33 Willy if I remember right. Good luck completing the list...say hi to your dad!!
Joe

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Joe, I took dad to a few sites online and showed him the Willys Panels and trucks....which he loved. Dad wants to start slow......so he doesn't drop so much cash at once on cars...LOL :jest: I think he's starting to realize exactly how consuming this hobby can be...hahah

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
R1 Willys Slots

There are also the R1 JLTO Willys:

Candy red w/ white-yellow flames
Black w/ red-yellow flames (reversed from the R2 pulback black Willys)
White Thunder version - Pearl white w/ yellow-red flames

And R2 also has a yellow Willys w/ white-purple flames.

That's 10 different variations of JL slotcar Willys.

·
Registered
161 Posts
A Willys cop car cool thinking Mad!! I wish I thought of that. I did the Nomad as a cop car, but now I wish I had thought of using a Willy instead. Post some pics so we can checfk it out!!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
EBasil said:
Elder Statesman, GOOSE CHICKEN has an excellent collection of all JL bodies, including the Willys. There are some photos floating around in old threads of his Tilt Hood Willys and other customs that are worth digging to find!

THANKS for sharing those pics.........I'll have to dig for the tilt hood Willys......man, if I learn how to do a tilt hood on a Tjet the madness would never stop...LOL.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
TX Street Racer said:
THANKS for sharing those pics.........I'll have to dig for the tilt hood Willys......man, if I learn how to do a tilt hood on a Tjet the madness would never stop...LOL.
MaDnEeNsSs yOu saY.:.:.:.:freak:

WhOt iS tHiS MaDnEeNsSs yOu SpAkE Of.:.:.:.:freak:

GoOdNiGhT....

·
Tweak 'em and Run
978 Posts
That is way Cool! So if I can't buy one could I at least see more detailed pics of the hood mounts? Please Please Please...

Jeff

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Hello,
I already had those pics loaded so that's why it's taking me a little longer to post these. The camera I used doesn't have a macro setting so the pics aren't very good.

Basically, it just a simple slip-hinge. I use different methods depending on the chassis type. This one was tricky, because you can use a front post-but it has to be much shorter. I didn't do that because the fenders fit the body snug and runs this way. I use two pieces of round tube plastic stock, drilled out to accept the wire hinges. The hinges themselves, can be fabricated from craft wire, although I use false-ceiling hanging wire because it seems to hold its shape better and is easy to work with. I feed them through the round plastic and crimp or double the ends and stick the other ends in two more pieces of round tubing. These I make out of old 1/25th scale tailpipes or a set of injectors drilled out This one I was able to run the wire through the front axle hole and attach it in the front with reworked T-jet hubs--so it's backwards to what I usually do My favorite thing about this car is the blower scoop matches the JL/Aurora one almost exactly. It's hard to tell them apart when running laps. I've made a few tilt-bonnet cars and will post pics in the future.:)

cheers..

·
Tweak 'em and Run
978 Posts
Boss, I guess that is why they call you the BOSS.... Great pics, I am gonna give this a try... I will post pics of the finished product (if it turns out right) :SMILE:

Jeff

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
I'll try to get a pic up tonight or tommorrow. Working on a Fire Chief willies now.... There's nothing like the smell of Pinsol in the morning. Smells like..... Customs! ;)

·
Stagger, stagger, crawl.
2,945 Posts
If you really want to get ALL of them you're going to have a tough time.
The slot car Willys bodies will be easy enough but the pullbacks are another story. Release #2 pullbacks are fairly common. If you need any I have extras. Release #1 pullbacks are tougher. For each color, (pink,purple, blue chrome), there are two variations. Painted and un-painted tail lights! Good luck with your search! :thumbsup:

PS...... I'm still looking for a pink w/painted tail lights.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts