Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...what looked like a fairly picked over little batch on the end of one header, which featured some of the gold series, as well as calander girl cars. They were $3 a pop, and I considered then carefully. I asked myself the usual questions when faced with a limited budget: Should I get this Corvette and Firebird, or wait to check out WM and TRU to see if anything new has shown up there? After a few minutes of considering that nothing in the gold, or calander girl series fit with what I was currently collecting over the past year or so, I marched forward. Then I found that three other isles had older JLs on the side of each header. And by gosh some of these headers were fully stocked and didn't looked like any cars were missing from the equally stocked pegs of about 4 cars deep. Well, by the time I had gone through all 4 headers, I had a full set of lightning rods R2, and a Dukes R4 Daisy's Plymouth Road Runner in zinger form. The interesting thing about the zinger is that it had white tires and a silver body...my first WL found in the wild in 7 years :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys...it is a nice WL. The silver body actually gives the white tires a bit of an offset that looks like they fit better than some I've seen. I never really used to be a zinger fan, but some cars look pretty sweet jacked up that-a-way.

·
Premium Member
1,596 Posts
I hit one of the Big Lots here today and they had about 15 cars, nothing special. I ended up buying a hotwheels Mustang.

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
I hit one of the Big Lots here today and they had about 15 cars, nothing special. I ended up buying a hotwheels Mustang.
Did you hit one in MS or NO? I hit the one in Gulfport, no whites but the best selection. The one is D'berville was not too bad, but there was nothing in OS. Figures!

·
Registered
7,693 Posts
Congrats on the score, Robert!:wave:

I hit 2 BLs on Friday; no whites but I picked up a few "metal base" JLs. Some will be extras and some will be traders.

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
I was in San Diego when I found the Mustang white lightning, the BL off of Rosecrans. Can't believe OS didn't get any!

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Congrats on the score, Robert!:wave:

I hit 2 BLs on Friday; no whites but I picked up a few "metal base" JLs. Some will be extras and some will be traders.
Thanks, Mark. From what I have read, these hit most BLs over the weekend. I was very surprised that they were not picked over by the time I got there a couple of days later. Today was more my usual luck. Went into TRU, and the wife spots a couple of cases of HWs. Of course, this guy beats me to them and scoffs up what I figure mut've been a TH by the way he pulled out the car and took off. He never bothered to look on the bottom level though, so I checked out both boxes...of course, it was only more of what was hanging on the pegs. Still, I got to go through a couple of barely touched cases...which is still a rarety for me...but had I been just a couple of minutes sooner, I think I might've found my first TH :freak:

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Hit my local Big Lots today and found the HUMMER H1 Ambulance WHITE LIGHTNING !!!! I posted pics over on the White Lightning board , under the 6 page Big Lots thread !!! Go check it out yall .... its SWEEEEEEEEET !

1 - 18 of 18 Posts