Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a JL musclecars usa nova its dark blue. But yesterday i found and bought one that ive never seen its a pink/silver color maybe champagne is a better
description of the color. The blue one has a bare betal frame and the other one has a chrome frame is this just another release ? is it harder to find ?
Thanks for your help :)
http://public.fotki.com/chevy263/cards/65_nova_champagne.html

·
Rocket Power
3,267 Posts
In fact in Muscle Cars 3 they made 6 different colored 65 Chevy II Novas.
I still have a few around.

evening orchard silver and tahitian turquoise blue

·
Registered
7,277 Posts
probably the only place to look for those is the auction sites now.

I acquired all of them (my favorite cast) a couple years ago...the red one was the hardest to get, for some reason.

·
Rocket Power
3,267 Posts
Yes out of the six above the only one I don't have is the red one as it's the most sought after. When I do come accross one they go for around $30, the regular version.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Wow thanks for all the info !!! i had no idea there wer that many colors

looks like i have some shopping to do thanks again. Rob

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
DAMMIT! Now i've got to go change my bib from all the droolin' I've been doin' over those pictures! :lol:

Thanks Tiny for the info and the pics. :thumbsup:

I would still like to have a '65 Chevy II/Nova one of these days. My sister used to have one back in the mid seventies, really sweet car, told the family that if they ever went to sell it that I wanted first dibs. No such luck. (Sigh)Just part of life with my clan. :freak:

·
Registered
7,277 Posts
b_bodylover said:
I would still like to have a '65 Chevy II/Nova one of these days. My sister used to have one back in the mid seventies, really sweet car, told the family that if they ever went to sell it that I wanted first dibs. No such luck. (Sigh)Just part of life with my clan. :freak:
I kinda know how ya feel....

I actually found a 63 Chevy II at an old small airport that my buddy worked at... he found the owner and we actually got the car and towed it home! a bit rusty, engine and trans no worked, but I ended up with it... unfortunatly, I went into the Navy and it sat in the back yard, eventually my parents sold it to a junkyard for $35 around 1983... was in pretty bad shape by then...bummer....

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Pablodragon said:
I kinda know how ya feel....

I actually found a 63 Chevy II at an old small airport that my buddy worked at... he found the owner and we actually got the car and towed it home! a bit rusty, engine and trans no worked, but I ended up with it... unfortunatly, I went into the Navy and it sat in the back yard, eventually my parents sold it to a junkyard for $35 around 1983... was in pretty bad shape by then...bummer....
Bummer is right, though what a cool find! The only condolence I have over not getting the chance at my sisters Nova is the fact that a couple of years before she got hers, I had a decent '66 that I literally dragged out of a junk yard. I was living in southern Illinois at the time. Paid $65.00 for it. It had no front fenders, hood, engine or seats but the rest of it was in really decent shape! Sold the front subframe assembly to a guy in town who wrecked the front end on his. At the time there used to be a company that manufactured front subframes that came with a straight axle and they also had a roll cage that was almost all bolt in. Gasser style, BABY! Got the dropped axle option, fiberglass tilt front end, two bucket seats, chevy LT1 crate motor, which we promptly tore down and replaced the pistons with TRW 12.5:1 puppies. Threw a crane roller cam at it, Edelbrock tunnel ram with two 660 Hollys, Hooker Fenderwell headers, BW T10 trans back to an Olds rear with 4.56 gears. Talk about Mr Toads wild ride, YEEHAW! Cruising was real big back then and this thing got almost as many adventurous young ladies as my '69 Camaro convertible did. Though not many wanted a repeat ride! This thing was a bonafide wheelie machine!
AAAHHH memories............ :devil:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts