Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Thought I would share the latest addition to the Mustang garage. I saw this on ePay last week and didn't know a thing about it. So before I bought it, I called Tom Z. at JL and asked him about it.

This is a JL promo piece that was done for the New York Yankees this Summer. It was given out to kids at one of the games. Production is reported to be 2500 on it. Tom said that the Yankees did not want to publicize it to the collectors, so that is why it was never mentioned on the JL website. I'm just happy to have one in the collection.

Here it is ....

Take care and have a great week all.

Scott

·
Registered
10,947 Posts
HOLY DOG SNOT!!! What a great looking car! OK, I'm off to the bay...need to add that one for sure. Pretty cool, I have not been in search of a JL in a loooong time. Thanks for sharing the pic and Info Scott!

·
Registered
627 Posts
Gotta be more then 2500 of them

They made 18,000 of the Greenlight Yankees Taurus they gave out at one of the games.

2,500 is way to low for an event with near 50,000 people.

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Supposedly this was a KIDS give-away. The Taurus was given to the first 18,000 people at the game. Next time I talk with Tom Z., I'll try and confirm the 2500 run.

Scott

Gotta be more then 2500 of them

They made 18,000 of the Greenlight Yankees Taurus they gave out at one of the games.

2,500 is way to low for an event with near 50,000 people.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Supposedly this was a KIDS give-away. The Taurus was given to the first 18,000 people at the game. Next time I talk with Tom Z., I'll try and confirm the 2500 run.

Scott

Confirmed it is one of 18,000.

http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/schedule/index.jsp?c_id=nyy&m=7&y=2009

Click on the little white box under the 5 on July 5th.

Given out to the first 18,000 fans under the age of 14.

If you didn't know, the Mustang and the Taurus were both full size cars you could win. Boy would I have liked one of them. Go Yankees!!!

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
627 Posts
Thanks for the info. Still a nice piece to have in the Mustang collection :thumbsup:

Scott
Most definitely!

Heck, I want one of those and the Taurus form my Yankees colection.

It may be 1 of 18,000, but how many were forgot at the stadium? Amazingly people do forget the free items they got. In fact, only once have I never seen any items left, and that was the day they had almost full size baseball bats! I've found plenty of pins, dvds hats, a car flag, and a bunch of other stuff at games I have been to.

How many of those stangs are already blown into a hundred pieces, Yankee Stadium is in the Bronx you know :p

That is a very neat item, and I highly doubt that anywhere near 18,000 of them will be putup for sale in recent time. Maybe you'll see 1,000 on ebay, but even that number could be high.

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
Congrats on the score, Scott. I have to admit, I'd be much more excited about it if it were done in Boston's colors.....GO SOX!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts