·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would love to see an updated military muscle release with
Bradley Fighting vehicle
Up armored HMMV
Buffalo MRV
And maybe a couple of others like the Abrams for good measure or a Predator.

Call it the War on Terror series.

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
I would love to see an updated military muscle release with
Bradley Fighting vehicle
Up armored HMMV
Buffalo MRV
And maybe a couple of others like the Abrams for good measure or a Predator.

I like the idea of a "War On Terror" series. It's timely, plus the name alone gives it historical value in the future. I think this is a great idea :thumbsup:

·
Registered
14,324 Posts
Mmmm, that name might have flown in 2002, I don't think anyone's buying it anymore. "War on Terror" sounds political, because it is. Something more generic and less oriented towards an agenda would probably be more suitable. "Iron Eagles", "21st. Century Metal" something like that.

·
Registered
7,693 Posts
You guys do realize that you're dreaming, right?? Let's face it, Johnny Lightning is on life support at the moment. There is barely any product on the pegs and the gaps between releases seem to be getting wider and wider. There's plenty of stuff we would like to see made but it really seems pointless to expect much from Tomy. OK, time to hit the "snooze" button.:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
13,377 Posts
It doesn't matter what new JL cars are made anymore to me. I never see any new JL cars in any local stores in my area except the "second generation" cars at WAL*MART.

I buy older JL cars at my diecast club meets and toy shows for less money than the new JL cars. The quality of the older JL cars is superior than the new JL cars. I wouldn't be surprised if more collectors buy the older JL cars, and the price goes up on the older JL cars.

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
The quality of the older JL cars is superior than the new JL cars. I wouldn't be surprised if more collectors buy the older JL cars, and the price goes up on the older JL cars.

I agree. the older, playing mantis cars are better quality.
diecast chassis/diecast bodies just feel right.
dont know if the mainline cars will ever be worth more than a couple of bucks a piece.

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
You guys do realize that you're dreaming, right?? Let's face it, Johnny Lightning is on life support at the moment. There is barely any product on the pegs and the gaps between releases seem to be getting wider and wider. There's plenty of stuff we would like to see made but it really seems pointless to expect much from Tomy. OK, time to hit the "snooze" button.:rolleyes:
Very true. I encourage people's ideas, but have no real thoughts such things will be done.

If JL is to survive, it really does need to find more ways to make collecting fun rather than perpetuating doom and gloom and the constant tough road ahead. Talk about political, people get enough of that talk from the six o'clock news. Try another tact, guys, because your own stories of terror is turning into a war on yourselves. One that isn't really flying very high I might add.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts