Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
2011 VW NB Final Edition
2,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm putting together the complete collection of the 94-95 topper commemoratives. I am using Macs JL guide as a reference to do this. I noticed an omission this morning from the book. This dark purple bug bomg from set A of the 4 car exclusive to Toy'sR Us set.

This Bug Bomb is Dark Purple. From set A not from set B.

Here is the page from Macs book. Sorry for the size.

·
2011 VW NB Final Edition
2,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lpgeoteacher said:
OK Thanks Ron now I see all the colors that I'm missing. (I can't afford this hobby..) LOL
Actually, thats why I'm doing this series. Most of these you can find for $2-3 each. Not like the Original toppers at $$$ each.

·
Registered
10,980 Posts
VWowner said:
Actually, thats why I'm doing this series. Most of these you can find for $2-3 each. Not like the Original toppers at $$$ each.
The question is WHERE CAN YOU FIND THEM? I'd pay $2-3 for each I could find. As of now I have the Red Mirror and the Zamac. (THANKS TO GERALD! :thumbsup: )

·
2011 VW NB Final Edition
2,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I find them at toy shows. I just ordered a bunch from Rob's site. They will be at Kalamazoo. I purchased 8 at the show last week.

·
Atomic Punk
4,323 Posts
I may have a couple Commerative Bugs you guys can fight over. :)

I will check and see what colors I have when I get a chance.

·
Atomic Punk
4,323 Posts
Lpgeoteacher said:
Ron didn't post so I guess I win! PM Comming!
Just checked. I have a butt ugly brown one (they call it chocolate I guess) Pretty low number too. 00987
I also have one slate blue one.

They are both yours teach!

I think I will keep my Q-car one though. If I part with it I will probably want to part with the whole set of Q-cars.

·
2011 VW NB Final Edition
2,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Lpgeoteacher said:
Ron didn't post so I guess I win! PM Comming!
Lucky you I alreday have those :p ...

QCars Rule :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
I remember when these came out. My TRU would only sell full sets. In one set I got the white "A Bonus" one. All I thought is now I need to find the pink one from the set....

Don't forget the Seattle Toy Show Bug Bombs. Cool models for sure. I love the commemoratives and need to find a place to display them.

·
Registered
7,277 Posts
hmmm... VW, are just getting the Bug Bombs? or putting together a collection of all the Commeratives?

wasn't clear in the top post, but it seems like what everyone is mentioning

...by the way I have the silver chrome 4 car Toys R Us box set, if yer interested

·
2011 VW NB Final Edition
2,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Pablodragon said:
hmmm... VW, are just getting the Bug Bombs? or putting together a collection of all the Commeratives?

wasn't clear in the top post, but it seems like what everyone is mentioning
I'm doing the entire 1994-1995 Commemoratives collection. They will all be opened and dsiplayed on the wall in the clear cases from Carney. I will put all the cars in the same order as they are in Mac's book. A total of 231 cars.
Ooops...232 including this missing Bug Bomb.....

·
Atomic Punk
4,323 Posts
VWowner said:
I'm doing the entire 1994-1995 Commemoratives collection. They will all be opened and dsiplayed on the wall in the clear cases from Carney. I will put all the cars in the same order as they are in Mac's book. A total of 231 cars.
Ooops...232 including this missing Bug Bomb.....
I did not realize you were working on a complete set. I will let you know what I have and maybe you can fill some holes in.

·
2011 VW NB Final Edition
2,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
I was hoping Mac Ragan would comment on this thread but alas he must not be cruising the boards as often as he once did.

·
2011 VW NB Final Edition
2,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Lpgeoteacher said:
Sometimes I think its just me and you Ron.
Ads to the post count...:( :p .

I'm excited about getting to Kazoo to pick up some more New toppers. It was after the last show in November that I decided to do this. The display should look pretty good when done.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts