Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
In doing this piece, already a mold for truck, licensing issue(?) and mold would be needed for flat bed. Could be offered in a variety of colors, with JL tampos. Please! White Tires White Lightning, imagine, dualies on the back with White Tires, oh, 2die4
however,
Whatever the JL scale is, is immaterial here, mold would most likely be needed for truck to make a functional flat bed so that, a JL car would fit proportionally on the flat bed in relation to the truck cab. The bed so one could tie-down the vehicle to the bed, include tie-down or make-do with makeshift one. New packaging most likely needed too.
Would be interested in both

Note: This is a request for the Johnny Lightning Brand to do one and/or both

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
It won't happen.

I doubt licensing would be an issue but between tooling, packaging, etc, they won't do it. Like all other big vehicles such as the RV, A1 Tank, and box truck, it would have to be a smaller scale than 1/64. Since the flatbed would be smaller, a normal car would not fit on it properly. If a normal jl can't fit on it, that would defeat the whole purpose of even making it. There are already quite a few car carriers from other manufactures anyway.

·
Registered
764 Posts
I guess if we want one......we just have to make it ourselves....hummmmmm..
OK, it IS possible........ I've seen some that were pretty close just recently here on the customizing board.

·
Registered
8,588 Posts
I guess if we want one......we just have to make it ourselves....hummmmmm..
OK, it IS possible........ I've seen some that were pretty close just recently here on the customizing board.
yep! plenty have been made on the custom board. along with racing trailers and campers. check the board out . lot's of new stuff being made everyday there.:wave:

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
mustangman69,
Now you oughta know how many white cab ones I have. :lol:
I have mentioned it to Z a few times and always says "yeah, we can do that" as in no problem. Well? Would of thought the Tow Truck aficionados would be talking it up here.
Point of it here is, the other wanna-bes have theirs, where's JLs? Seems they would make the return on especially with 3-4+ colors done in.
Going to DuPage/Wheaton Show this Sunday?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts