Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
Macs_Little_Car said:
there is a black one also
True that! I never saw the red one, but the only Big Lots close to me had about 10 pegs crammed with the black ones and nothing else. That was 2 years ago. Now they are down to about 8 pegs :drunk:

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Macs_Little_Car said:
there is a black one also
I have a black painted version.
That casting sure is big for supposedly 1:64 scale.
3" scale is a better description for this one.
Just put it beside a '59 Cadillac Eldorado convertible and you will know what I am talking about.

Crayonbreaking, nice find.
Now, all you have to do is get the black version.

Cheers. Cobra

·
Lookout the Mac is Back!!
8,413 Posts
Interesting story about the cars. They were actually made back in 94 or 95, but then the manufacturer woudl not approve them, so they sat in the warehouse for like 8 or 9 years befor ethey were finally able to release them, by that time JL had progressed so far with their accuracy, these cars looked horrible... back in 95 they would have been fantastic!!

·
Registered
225 Posts
60sMetal said:
True that! I never saw the red one, but the only Big Lots close to me had about 10 pegs crammed with the black ones and nothing else. That was 2 years ago. Now they are down to about 8 pegs :drunk:
You don't happen to live in westminster MD do you? The big lots up there had a ton in black. I almost bought some, but I just didn't like the casting. (for a buck I almost didn't care!)

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
Cool story line, but after all those years sounds like interest died for the casting. Too bad. And yes, JL's have come so very far with accuracy and detailing in the years since then. These truly DO look more like "toys" now.

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
Toy Vettes said:
You don't happen to live in westminster MD do you? The big lots up there had a ton in black. I almost bought some, but I just didn't like the casting. (for a buck I almost didn't care!)
Haha!! I thought I saw all the ones ever produced in one store. It was the one in Gaithersburg. Glad you got some up there. I didn't want to spend the $$ either. I think I got a better deal on a coupled bottled waters :lol:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts