Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
JL Chevorlet Malibu WIP

HI all this is my latest WIP. This is JL Chevy Malibu from the JL 4 Pack. It was ZINGER car and hate zingers, but loved the casting. So I picked out some KITT HW rims and used the old JL Pontiac Firebird base, a little dremel action and Woahla.... Still need a hood and the wheels dont roll the best right now, but all stuff I will get too.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I've always liked these Malibus. Those wheels look pretty good on there. Almost like factory styled wheels.

I built one of those Malibu's a couple of years ago. I kept the paint job, as you have.

Now, you need to go to a toy show to find some more Malibu's for parts cars... for a spare hood, and some engines to test fit. Then you'll be picture perfect.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've always liked these Malibus. Those wheels look pretty good on there. Almost like factory styled wheels.

I built one of those Malibu's a couple of years ago. I kept the paint job, as you have.

Now, you need to go to a toy show to find some more Malibu's for parts cars... for a spare hood, and some engines to test fit. Then you'll be picture perfect.
Yeah I just started realy getting into diecast and never really made it to toy shows.. yeah i have been SDCC but thats about it, not I will look at those shows and the boxes full of old diecast much differntly. :wave:

·
Registered
222 Posts
I was working on photos for another thread. I thought about looking for some pics of my old Chevelle Malibu.
After digging through my computer for a while, I found some. I hope it's ok that I posted them.

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
LIke I said my JL Chevy Malibu
:p
lool...fave era of the malibu next to the 76-77's...355ci with 2:73 geared postrac behind an M-22 rock crusher...caddy mufflers and ya got a serious sleeeeeeeper ride...then ther's the wagons...HHMmmmmmmm JL? are you listning? :lol::thumbsup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts