Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy! I have a few JL Pull backs that I want to put on AW T-Jet Ultras. The stock front tires are too tall. I sure don't want to shave the openings. Does anybody know what size tires I need and where I can get them? I might try spacers in the meantime but, I'd rather drop than raise! Thanks!

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
If you have a dremel handy, you can grind down those AW front tires. Just use a spare (correctly centered) rear rim on an axle (as a mandrel) and you can grind a pair of tires to fit.

·
Registered
517 Posts
I use the shaft of a counter-boring bit and grind two tires at once. That way, they come out even. I think that's what dlw was aiming at by using a rear wheel.

·
LED Burner Outer
11,710 Posts
Just remember, the lower you go with the tires, the chance of other clearances become an issue. You don't want to end up dragging a post screw on the track.. Flat head screws can take care of that issue if you trim that much off.. Also, don't forget to adjust them pick ups when you get to the right height.. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Great advice on the twofer and watching the clearance guys! Thanks! I really don't need much. Maybe 1/16th. Well I guess that's alot. About 2 1/2" scale inches.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts