Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Gang,
Here are the first cars announced in the 2007 Holiday Classics Line Up.

1950 Olds Super 88
1972 Firebird Trans Am
1971 Chevy Vega GT
1965 Pontiac Catalina 2+2
1968 Olds Cutlass 442
1999 Dodge Viper GTS
1948 Tucker Torpedo
1967 Shelby Mustang

EVERY YEAR THIS SET SELLS OUT FAST and yet a ton of collectors do not pre-order and get caught out every year.

JL is produced VERY SHORT NOW! Do loose out get your set Pre-Ordered NOW!

Have Fun,
Fred
www.1StopDiecast.com

·
Atomic Punk
4,323 Posts
I read somewhere that the Holiday tradition is a Tucker. It was said that every year they do a holiday set they will do a Tucker. That is kind of cool even though it is not the best looking car in all those cool kandy colors.

·
Registered
5,966 Posts
I was hoping for a cuda or challenger,oh well here`s always 08 :cry:
BTw,if anyone needs tuckers,I believe there`s 3-4 years worth still hanging at my tru.... :roll:

·
Registered
290 Posts
A Tradition, Within a Tradition

CenterShock said:
I read somewhere that the Holiday tradition is a Tucker. It was said that every year they do a holiday set they will do a Tucker. That is kind of cool even though it is not the best looking car in all those cool kandy colors.
CenterShock:

You are correct! The Tucker appears every year, in a different color. Why the Tucker? This car has very "loose" licensing requirements, which means that we'll be able to consistently make it for years to come.

The licensing situation with the Tucker is unique. Most of our other castings require complicated and often expensive agreements. To guarantee that our tradition can continue, the JL team chose the Tucker.

Mac :thumbsup:

G

·
MAC RAGAN said:
Why the Tucker? This car has very "loose" licensing requirements, which means that we'll be able to consistently make it for years to come. The licensing situation with the Tucker is unique.
Thanks for the insight, Mac. I hope this means that we'll see more Tuckers in their original colours. Waltz Blue has been done (very nicely too) but there are 5 more original shades yet to go: :)
Original Tucker Paint Colors
100 Black
200 Waltz Blue
300 Dark Green
400 Beige/Tan
500 Silver (Pearl) Gray
600 Maroon
I'm certainly eager to one day see the black, dark green, and maroon versions. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
MAC RAGAN said:
CenterShock:

You are correct! The Tucker appears every year, in a different color. Why the Tucker? This car has very "loose" licensing requirements, which means that we'll be able to consistently make it for years to come.

The licensing situation with the Tucker is unique. Most of our other castings require complicated and often expensive agreements. To guarantee that our tradition can continue, the JL team chose the Tucker.

Mac :thumbsup:
Hey Mac,

I have a question ... when you finally produce the 51st different color Tucker, are you going to stop so that it matches the actual vehicle production number ? :D Sorry, I couldn't resist !

Scott

1 - 20 of 35 Posts