Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from my local Toys R Us and after an almost 3 year absence Johnny Lightning is back. There were signs up saying new product. Lots of 1/24th also. We've haven't had it this good up here in Canada in a long time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,693 Posts
Good to hear one of your retail sources replenished "hunting" supplies for you.

I had a pleasant surprise at TRU today. For JL, they had some of the (fairly)new releases, but for some reason, they also had all of the pieces from Chevy Thunder, release 6. I grabbed the red Blazer for my trader box and it rung up at $1.68!!! I told the cashier to hold on and I grabbed another Blazer and the '65 Impala with plastic tires (already have the rubber tire version). Couldn't pass for a buck sixty-eight! :thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,677 Posts
DadsCoronet said:
I had a pleasant surprise at TRU today. For JL, they had some of the (fairly)new releases, but for some reason, they also had all of the pieces from Chevy Thunder, release 6.
yeah... mine had the same release...somebody bought all the camaros! thats ok more blazers for me :thumbsup:
 

·
FnF: Fords n Ferraris
Joined
·
7,829 Posts
I stopped by my local TRU the other day and they had about 12 pegs of new JL stuff as well as the Zingers set and some Head to Head cars.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,439 Posts
I stopped at TRU a couple of days ago and found they had stocked the Zinger 5 packs.
It was nice to see some new Zingers being I haven't heard anything about the Street Freaks series lately.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
90 Posts
What do you mean, all the Walmarts was getting a boat load of cases?

Why ru supporting Wallyworld's Always Higher Prices? Theyr'e outrageous!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
macnut said:
What do you mean, all the Walmarts was getting a boat load of cases?
Yes they were but Toy R Us in my area have not had any Johnny's for over three years. Would much rather support them than Walmart.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,693 Posts
geman57 said:
Yes they were but Toy R Us in my area have not had any Johnny's for over three years. Would much rather support them than Walmart.
.....and regular JLs are 45cents cheaper at TRU than WM :thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
318 Posts
JL's back at TRU in Canada?? Could it be true? There hasn't been anything for me diecast wise there for a long time now. It would be great if they started stocking Johnnies again.
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top