Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here is a shot of the JL repop of the old Mint Edition casting of the 67 Fury . Different lighter shade of blue & I had to swap out those horrible wheels for something more realistic .. Its a straight recast , no changes made except for wheels & no chrome plating on bumpers ... Im sure I have different colors of the Racing Champions version . Will have to do some searching ....

·
Premium Member
13,377 Posts
Looks better with the wheel swap.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
19,875 Posts
Way better! Good choice with the white walls.
I 'm actually liking these plastic bases for axle swaps...much easier to dig out the axle.

To bad the rear qtrs sag downward on this casting...it kinda bums me out.

·
Registered
19,875 Posts
Way worse than that.

It's not the suspesion, it's the body itself sagging downward after the roof.
Pretty much unfixable. :cry::cry::cry:

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
Wait, wait, wait. This coming from the best body man down east? (or up west, or whatever you Mainiacs say) And a MOPAR lover to boot?

I always though pretty much anything was fixable depending upon the depths of the customer's pockets. ;)

·
Registered
19,875 Posts
Maybe... I'll havta mess around with one.
Mostly I'm dissapointed it's not a '68 like my 1:1s.....SO CLOSE!!!!

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
After seeing your little black car, and how you moved the rear wheels forward and rear fender wheel openings forward, I think you are qualified to fix this body. If you choose to do this, it would be another feather in your cap. :p :wave:

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
On this car , when I drilled out the chassis , the wheels are held in by grooves in the interior & chassis . No grinding needed . Was super easy to swap wheels after chassis removal .. Just needed to find the right width axles ..

·
Registered
19,875 Posts
On this car , when I drilled out the chassis , the wheels are held in by grooves in the interior & chassis . No grinding needed . Was super easy to swap wheels after chassis removal .. Just needed to find the right width axles ..
You gotta like that. Easy livin'!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts