Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
19,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Big fan of this casting and here's some work on current and not so current releases.
so far I've done multiple customs of each release.

Thanks for lookin' and lemme know which is your favorite! :wave:

Roof and wheels have been painted and wheels lowered.

Wheel swap and lowered

Base swap

Wheel swap and lowered

Wheel swap and lowered

Zingered!

Work in progress - roof from HW's Malibu wagon

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
I like that black one best, the wheels on it look great. The one just before the zinger has some nice Cragars on it too.

I've got a '64 and '59 Impala but haven't seen that year around yet.

·
Registered
754 Posts
The wagon is going to be a great addition to the others; The red on red is ready for some NASCAR nastiness! The rims on it are perfect with such detail. I'm split on it and the black car...

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
I'm going with #1 and #4 as they both sit right and look like sleepers.

I'm not too much for the Raised Custom Rims look for the 65 Imapla.

I'm not too sure about the 65 Impala made into a Wagon. Time will
tell as you continue along.

·
Premium Member
5,816 Posts
I agree with dipstick. Cant wait to see it finished! :thumbsup:
For now I'll go with the black one. She is sharp!!!!

·
Registered
12,959 Posts
I posted on the JL board that my favorite is the red one wearing steelies, but I somehow missed that wagon. I may change my mind once that one is finished.

·
Registered
10,947 Posts
I LOVE seeing you post customs again!!! I like them all but if I had to vote, I would have to go with the black or read ones at the top.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Just a suggestion, I would cut out the center post on that wagon and make a 2 door out of it. The door lines are already there.

·
Registered
19,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just a suggestion, I would cut out the center post on that wagon and make a 2 door out of it. The door lines are already there.
A fine suggestion, but I very much want a completely stock 4dr.wagon.
Ain't no big thang - I've done much harder customs.

Eventually the plan is to make a GM dealership diorama from 1965.

Stay tooned to this thread for more '65 Chev customs from the past and future. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
972 Posts
A fine suggestion, but I very much want a completely stock 4dr.wagon.
Ain't no big thang - I've done much harder customs.

Eventually the plan is to make a GM dealership diorama from 1965.

Stay tooned to this thread for more '65 Chev customs from the past and future. :thumbsup:
Since I am a big fan of 65 Big Chevy's, I'm liking most of these. I think the black one gets the vote for now. I really want to see the wagon completed. Any chance you'll repaint it in the Tahitian Turquiose the casting is already done in? My Dad's best friend owned a 65 wagon in that color, with the light turquiose interior. I spent many rides in the third seat of that car as a kid.

·
Registered
19,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Since I am a big fan of 65 Big Chevy's, I'm liking most of these. I think the black one gets the vote for now. I really want to see the wagon completed. Any chance you'll repaint it in the Tahitian Turquiose the casting is already done in? My Dad's best friend owned a 65 wagon in that color, with the light turquiose interior. I spent many rides in the third seat of that car as a kid.
My dads frienf had a '65 wagon that very color too!!!!
And YES it will get painted that color as I am also very fond of it for the same reason.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts