Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a bunch of the 40th series on the pegs at a TRU today... I gotta say, (and I really hate too), but I was sure dissapointed when I got home and opened them up... On a scale of 1 to 10 for quality, I give them about a strong 3 1/2... Paint is messed up on most of them, finger prints and runs, wheels are bent on some, some wheels don't roll, some rims are inserted in the tires crooked, none of the hoods open and close right, some of the windows are very hazy, very poor detail and many of them don't set level... I'm soooo sorry to say, but I now believe JL has fumbled the ball big time !!!

They all look good in the pics though !!!

]

·
Registered
995 Posts
I bought the CJ-5 and both the Impalas today also! The packages mine were in (and that whole peg-full) were all tore up and bent like they had seen water at one time. So of course I removed them from the package.
I just looked mine over pretty close, and they are (to my eye) in pretty good shape. Paint is OK, wheels are straight, seem to roll ok. Funny how we got the exact opposite damage, huh?

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
Some of my recent JLs had quality issues too . Bad wheels , hazy windows ( Especially on the purple 65 Chevy & black 59 Chevy )

·
Registered
191 Posts
I've always loved JL's subject matter, but found their quality to be extremely poor, along with their out of wack proportions...

·
Registered
14,681 Posts
I bought the black Camaro. The axles were bent, the cheesy tires wouldn't roll and the hood wouldn't open. After reading your thread, I went back and finally got the hood open. You guessed it- now it doesn't close properly. I hope that JL can correct these obvious quality control problems...

·
Registered
401 Posts
I bought the black Camaro. The axles were bent, the cheesy tires wouldn't roll and the hood wouldn't open. After reading your thread, I went back and finally got the hood open. You guessed it- now it doesn't close properly. I hope that JL can correct these obvious quality control problems...
That's been a problem with JL's for years. There was one release of the Firebirds series where I couldn't get the hoods closed on half the cars.

Now I don't open the hoods on any cars regardless of who makes them.

·
Registered
19,875 Posts
Regardless of quallity controll issues, for me a couple have been good inexpensive fodder for customizing/improving. I allways like color variations of my favorite castings like the '65 Impala.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts