Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Got on the phone this morning and chased down the F case photos.

So here is the NEXT case of 40th Anniversary.

2009 40th ANNIVERSARY
RELEASE F

1/64th Scale

1975 CHEVY CORVETTE

1969 CHEVY CAMARO RS/SS

1966 JEEP CJ5

1966 PONTIAC GTO

2008 DODGE VIPER SRT10

1966 CHEVY CORVETTE

1966 DODGE CHARGER

1970 PLYMOUTH SUPERBIRD

·
Registered
521 Posts
Great, more ugly cars, I cannot say that I am impressed with JL this year... they really need to get some decent releases on the market...

·
Registered
812 Posts
None for me, but thanks for posting. I agree with Monaco....There needs to be something new; more than just these 40th Anniversary cars, which are mostly just re-pops of exsisting castings (I don't count the Fury as new, since it was really just a re-release of the old Mint Editions casting). I'd like to see some BRAND NEW castings. Where are the Muscle Cars and Classic Gold?

·
Vacation Needed
7,577 Posts
I like the Corvette and the Vega somewhat. The rest are just a snooze fest.. What is up with that '59 Impala? ::gag::

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
I like the way JL redid the vega. I noticed that it said 1972 Vega. The other is a 71. (Typo?)
I love GTO's and the 66 has a unique paint job.
I will have to see these up close.
Richard

·
Registered
8,588 Posts
vette and stang yes...vega i have to see it....rest. no way there comming home

·
Registered
493 Posts
JL sucks. I cant tell you just how dissapointed I am in JL. They have a few cool castings, but they roll like crap and the wheels are always crooked......they just plain suck. At least the cheap greenlights and M2's are very good quality.......the selections kinda blow, but they roll and don't seem so cheap. I am pretty sure if I concentrate hard enough, I can crap out a diecast car better than any of these.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Well said bluehemi, I agree with you 100% JL you guys really need to get your act together, first you cancel out the second half of the 2008 series and tell us you're going to revamp the whole line and then you give us entire series of crapmobiles...

Dissapointed that you just seemed to let other diecast companies take away your place as leader of the affordable 1:64 scale adult collectible diecast cars market and everything just seems peachy... To drop from first place to number 3 in bearly a year is a shameful role JL should never have let happen.

I hope that you can wake up and get some decent relases on the store shelves, if you don't remember what good looking cars should look like than spend a few minutes on Wyatt's excellent site and see what great castings and releases JL has done over the last 15 years and ask yourselves if you are keeping the line with the JL spirit.

Where have gone the Classic Gold series? Muscle cars USA? and other bread and butter series that have made JL a respected name in the diecast industry????

·
Premium Member
5,816 Posts
I see a few I could use. I'm running low on engines for projects.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts