Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found this, some info on new 2007 releases etc. ...

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

JOHNNY LIGHTNING DEBUTS RETRO-COOL LOOK PLANNED FOR FALL 2006 New Look, New Logo, New Clamshell Packaging and Website Set the Stage for All-New Johnny Lightning Themes

OAK BROOK, IL – (August 14, 2006) – Johnny’s back and better than ever, with a new look and exciting new line of vehicles for 2007. The new die-cast lineup includes a mixture of vehicles from favorite Johnny Lightning themes like Classic Gold, Musclecars U.S.A., Mopar® or No Car, and Chevy ThunderTM, to a variety of new themes such as Johnny Retro (musclecars made in the style of early Johnny Lightning cars), Wicked Wagon (a tribute to the American station wagon), and Pin Up cars (Lightning Girls and their favorite rides). This year, in addition to the new vehicle line-ups, Johnny Lightning will also introduce its new collector logo – which captures a retro-cool look, has a nostalgic feel, and evokes the history of the Johnny Lightning brand. Scheduled for a December 2006 debut through major toy retailers, department stores and specialty outlets.

“We listen closely to collectors when we’re planning a new lineup, and I’m sure they’ll approve of our efforts. For example, the new logo and lineup were designed with collectors in mind,” says RC2 President Peter Henseler. “The addition of the wheel graphic and founding date on the logo helps to deliver a real connection with the long and successful history of this iconic brand.” Complementing the new collector logo is an all-new package design that maintains the die-cast lineup’s retro feel. The addition of clamshell packaging in this new design provides better protection for the products.

Planning for a December, 2006 launch, the website at www.johnnylightning.com will also get a new look and showcase new functionality. New features and functionality currently on plan include the new Web-based Collector Club, which will be available free of charge to all Johnny Lightning fans and collectors. The new Collector Club features include exclusive, limited edition cars, special “first-shot” giveaways (highly collectible prototype samples), Team Lightning blogs, and exclusive Johnny Lightning product offers on the new themed assortments and vehicles. Plus, members will be able to download Johnny Lightning wallpaper, sounds, and desktop icons.

---

·
0 Posts
I look forward to it and hope it really happens. It would be a shame to kill off the brand that sets the standard in the 1/64 marketplace.

The appeal of the Johnny Lightning cars and pickups got me started collecting to begin with. If JL goes down the tubes, I'll lose interest in future collecting.

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
For some of us, this information is not new.
But for others, this certainly will be some NEW news.
Thanks for sharing.
The new web-site isn't up and running yet as far as I know. I haven't tried lately, though.

Cheers. Cobra

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
This is the first time I heard of a Wicked Wagon series. Looking forward to it :thumbsup:. It's a good sign the Vista Cruiser is on it's way. And I'm glad they found another way to use the Lightning girls :). As for the Johnny Retro (musclecars made in the style of early Johnny Lightning cars) series. I think Modsquad's voice was heard here. I thinking chrome paint on these :thumbsup:.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts