Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
went to wallmart last night saw 2 cases on the bottom of a pallet guy told me i had to wait till he got to them so there i stood 1 hour later there floor sweper who scoops hunts came by on a 15 min break and the guy plucked the cases from the botom and gave the hunts 2 classic packard regs to the floor sweeper right infront of me.

i was so mad i coulda killed them both but i came up with a great plan to screw them over and to screw over the stockers at a wallmart 30 min away where the main guy collects exactly what i do and takes first grab

,chris

·
Registered
152 Posts
best thing you could do is have a talk with the store manager
I work for wally world (not in toys) and they always tell us
Customer Service is the main thing with the company, have a talk with him/her (ask for the store manager or co-manager)

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Sorry to hear this, but not a shocker as many SCALPERS are within
the Retail Stores......

What you should of done is this....Got both of the employees names
and head right to Customer Service to get the Store Manager and
explained what just happened that you sat there patiently waiting for
what you wanted and another employee came by to grab what you
wanted while being on a suppose break. Both of there butts would of
been canned. I would of reported them both to the Store and to the
Walmart Headquarters. These kind of people only get jobs at Walmart
or any other Retail Store to pluck the goodies and resale. Nothing has
changed from 1995 when these first hit the market. I never found a
95 TH in the wild and I cracked 100's of cases throughout that year
too.

Again sorry to hear this.... Go get them as you will feel better when
getting them canned during these hard times.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Liv N Low is correct you need to file a inner office complaint (I think thats what its called) with wal mart headquarter. My sister works at a wal mart and she wont get me anything(unless she finds it hanging) for fear of getting fired.

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
That's crap right there. I work at Target in the Logistics area, and sometimes come across a rare car while at work...and I've never done anything like that, that's just plain rude. I'd have taken it up with the store manager!

Whenever I come across TH's or Chase's, I take 1, and ONLY 1 of the cars...and whenever I come across any other rare cars I leave them on the pegs for everybody else. Just because you get the "inside" to cars, doesn't mean you can hoard every single one!!!

·
Registered
738 Posts
All of this over two cars that are no better than a mainline HW....:rolleyes:
I think it's more the principle. The guy waited patiently, then get's it right in the face when the guy hands over the cases/cars to a fellow employee right in front of him, screw that. I don't care what products he was waiting for were, could have been his favorite shaving cream for that matter. It's the customers purchases that make stores what they are, not the employees doing things like that.

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
I have to reply again to this topic as what happened to this
person/collector. This was a bunch of crap as he made his
presence and noted that he was interested in the 2 cases of
HW's and got slapped in the face by two insiders that were
working.

I dont care who you are - that was a sucker punch. You can't
tell me if that happened to you, you wouldn't be pissed!!!! Sure
you would be. These are toy Cars yes, but we all are out there
looking for what we like and collect or whatever we do with them.

vw-wl-collector..... Don't give up on what happened to you as
you can still take actions against them.

Do I feel sorry for the two guys who took the Cars in what may
happen to them when Walmart gets word ..." NO "... as its the
Holidays and the retail stores are suppose to step up and help
the Customers no matter what.

I wish you the best in getting this resolved as these two guys
can be a problem down the road for you to find anything if they
sell on the Bay. Which I am sure they do....... Good luck :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
4,663 Posts
OOOOOO! Talk about rubbing salt into the wound. Now I don't feel so bad blowing my nose on the beach towels at Walmart!
:thumbsup: Glad ya don't live in AZ :p, gross me out.... vw, it's a sad stste of affairs when these things happen, listen to your heart, don't be mean, just get even...:tongue:

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks for the support guys

i have got lucky at this wallmart lately but unless i see the cases or find a floor display the employes got it rapped

i know the security guard by name and have his personal # if i see something wrong he checks the tapes and i have got 2 guys fired already i have a camera phone as well i will get these 2 soon enough

for as many trips as ive made to this wall mart since oct, i should have alot more to show. ive gone 2-3 times a day everyday since oct 1, with exeption of nov 23-26 and dec 22-26 as i was out of town and in all of those trips ive got 6 reg 37 fords 8 reg fire eaters in 5 scores

at a wallmart 30min away ive got super and reg 37 ford and super and reg bone shaker during my holliday travels both pairs late at night when i saw the cases got there to late on 6 other nights

with wallmart ive also found sometimes the store manager wont care or is in on it. or same with the dept manager but corporate loves to here about these kinds of managers :) and corporate always helps clean up the mess! but nothings mess proof other scum always comes along :( its a endless battle but if you fight it you can make a diference

when i first started going after employees at this wall mart it was after i had been going for about a year 1-2 times a day almost every day and found no hunts at all it took 3 more months till oct but since then ive started having some luck with increased trips as well as ive stated earlier in this post

good luck to all, chris

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
It would never happen to me because there is no way I would stand in WM for an hour waiting for someone to open a box of toy cars. If someone is that worried about being cheated out of a couple of cheap regular hunts, spend a couple bucks & buy one of the hundreds on ebay that are on there at any given moment. That way there will be no moral issues involved & no thoughts of inflicting bodily harm on someone over a toy car.

I know. It's not about a regular treasure hunt. It's all about the chance of finding the Almighty super hunt, right? That's the real reason someone would stand there for an hour waiting for that box to be opened. As far as I'm concerned, even joking about wanting to "kill" someone over a stupid toy car is in very poor taste. What are you, 5 years old?? If being "jipped" out a toy car nearly pushes you over the edge, how do you handle real life problems? You people take this stuff way too seriously :rolleyes:

·
Registered
470 Posts

i have got lucky at this wallmart lately but unless i see the cases or find a floor display the employes got it rapped

i know the security guard by name and have his personal # if i see something wrong he checks the tapes and i have got 2 guys fired already i have a camera phone as well i will get these 2 soon enough

for as many trips as ive made to this wall mart since oct, i should have alot more to show. ive gone 2-3 times a day everyday since oct 1, with exeption of nov 23-26 and dec 22-26 as i was out of town and in all of those trips ive got 6 reg 37 fords 8 reg fire eaters in 5 scores

at a wallmart 30min away ive got super and reg 37 ford and super and reg bone shaker during my holliday travels both pairs late at night when i saw the cases got there to late on 6 other nights

with wallmart ive also found sometimes the store manager wont care or is in on it. or same with the dept manager but corporate loves to here about these kinds of managers :) and corporate always helps clean up the mess! but nothings mess proof other scum always comes along :( its a endless battle but if you fight it you can make a diference

when i first started going after employees at this wall mart it was after i had been going for about a year 1-2 times a day almost every day and found no hunts at all it took 3 more months till oct but since then ive started having some luck with increased trips as well as ive stated earlier in this post

good luck to all, chris
You have an OCD and need therapy. To go as often as you do makes it NOT NORMAL BEHAVIOR. Get some help as you are going downhill very fast.

·
Registered
232 Posts
It would never happen to me because there is no way I would stand in WM for an hour waiting for someone to open a box of toy cars. If someone is that worried about being cheated out of a couple of cheap regular hunts, spend a couple bucks & buy one of the hundreds on ebay that are on there at any given moment. That way there will be no moral issues involved & no thoughts of inflicting bodily harm on someone over a toy car.

I know. It's not about a regular treasure hunt. It's all about the chance of finding the Almighty super hunt, right? That's the real reason someone would stand there for an hour waiting for that box to be opened. As far as I'm concerned, even joking about wanting to "kill" someone over a stupid toy car is in very poor taste. What are you, 5 years old?? If being "jipped" out a toy car nearly pushes you over the edge, how do you handle real life problems? You people take this stuff way too seriously :rolleyes:
THIS.

·
Registered
232 Posts

good luck to all, chris
You need help.

·
Registered
781 Posts
How about just buying the full cases, going home and getting what you want out then returning the unwanted items? I know it would be a pain, but that would keep the stocker hands out.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts