Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
FnF: Fords n Ferraris
7,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was asked for some information of the mysterious unknown 4x4 crushing a Cougar.

The Cougar is from Jet Wheels(Mego). The casting originally was made by AMT in the Pups series. Series came out in late 60's.

Engine, sort-of

I bet you can tell that this car does not roll very straight.

Car that I would love to have is the 68 Torino fastback. I am told these cars are kind of hard to find nowadays and the Cougar I have is one of my more expensive pieces.

References:
Doug Breithaupt's http://www.breithaupts.com/totc436.htm

Some other nice pictures
http://www.angelfire.com/oh3/crazycars/jetwheels.html

·
Registered
19,875 Posts
I was curious about that car as well. Glad to see it faired well under the wrath of the 4X4 :)
Thanks for the pic.

·
Registered
7 Posts
These cars in any casting, and condition are extremely rare. The rarest of all being the Torino casting. It took me several years to get a Torino, and then within a couple months, I got two more, still in the package/garage with header card. If anybody is looking to aquire some of these cars, I could probably help. Jim

·
Registered
19,875 Posts
Ooooh...now that I see the wheels on the Torino, I can now identify a '68 Pontiac Catalina cnvt. I have. It has no brand name on the base. It's missing the windshield, a wheel and there's only one mag like insert which is only a sticker!!!
Otherwize, the paint is pretty good.
jetwheel...what other casting were produced???

·
FnF: Fords n Ferraris
7,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lummox,
If you look at my first link( Doug Breithaupt's Tale of Toy Cars) in the initial post you can see pictures of a bunch of Jet Wheels including your car which they identify as a Bonneville.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Riviera,Mustang,Cougar,Camaro, Charger,Corvair, Torino,AMX, and five Indy type cars. As the castings got sold from one company to the next, they added models. The Torino was added right before production ended. Jim

·
Registered
19,875 Posts
Riviera,Mustang,Cougar,Camaro, Charger,Corvair, Torino,AMX, and five Indy type cars. As the castings got sold from one company to the next, they added models. The Torino was added right before production ended. Jim
Thanks for the info. If you happen to have an extra '68 Riviera, lemme know.
I mostly collect big '60s boats and there aren't many to be had.

- Dave -

1 - 9 of 9 Posts