Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have been given a dile that has a photo of a Jet the was at Edwards Air base, of the few that I've seen, this one I just don't know.
anyone know it or seen a model of it?

·
Registered
1 Posts
That's a Convair XF-92A.

I have a kit of it, but I built it so long ago that I can't remember who made it.:rolleyes:

Regards....

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
There are several kits of the XF-92. The most common (and probably least accurate is the old Hawk/Testors kit in 1/72. It doesn't even have landing gear; just a display stand. Mach 2 from France has a poor quality 1/72 kit. I think Anigrand makes one in resin as well. At one time Allyn had a blow molded desk top display model in roughly 1/48 scale. This was sold later in the early 70s by Microscale (the decal company). There have also been some vac kits.

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the info. I was given the file and and looked at it, but not knowing all o the jet's I just didn't know that one. I think I might try to get into the photo records from the Aerotech News and Review paper, they have a good number of photos from Edwards.

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
was up at Mojave Air/Space Port during the lunch of spaceship 1, but I never good a good photo of the then Whitenight, I hope that when the Whitenight 2 is launched or fly's over this way I could see it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts