Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
now ive seen micro jet turbines used in model jets and heli's but could this power be adapted to a boat? there are turbo props that run a prop off of the turbine shaft and heli's use a drivetrain to get power to the rotor... so could it be used to power a prop or two? or even straight jet power? would make a great project boat!! if anyone builds one send me a picture!

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
slackr612 said:
now ive seen micro jet turbines used in model jets and heli's but could this power be adapted to a boat? there are turbo props that run a prop off of the turbine shaft and heli's use a drivetrain to get power to the rotor... so could it be used to power a prop or two? or even straight jet power? would make a great project boat!! if anyone builds one send me a picture!
I am sure if you coule couple the rotor to a shaft you could do it! i have seen and been around the Mini Jet engines for a while, anything is possibleBut not cost effective, the electronis and engine are delicate any moisture would be bad!!!!! DId I mention it would be Bad?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts