Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys:

Thanks to all of you who attended the show. The fact that it exceeded expectations made all the hard work worth it. For example, I was very happy to hear that the vendors that flew in and shipped their items or took real long drives did so well with sales and were saying they would be back next year for sure. The amount of people that showed up and the amount of buying also exceeded our expectations. Wow! I'm so glad that many vendors did great. And I'm thrilled that attendees were smiling all day going back and forth to their cars with boxes of kits and collectibles. I received so much positive feedback from attendees, which again made it worth all the effort. One of the main reasons for the show's success was the high quality vendors, artists and products at the show - we had many of the very best. And as you can see from our 2013 poster, we are already tentatively getting more incredible vendors and artists for next year - much more to be added.

The production of Jerseyfest 2012 was absolutely a team effort. We received lots of help from people that were driven by their desire to help produce a great show for the hobby and broke their ass for us. I won't be listing all the names because I don't want to accidentally leave anyone out and I'm not trying to make an academy award speech. :)

But, it was still a first year show and so there is room for improvement and growth. Next year will be bigger and better. We contracted for about 14,000 sq feet of space for a 3 day long show at a Crowne Plaza hotel that's near the airport. Also, I have a new partner for Jerseyfest who is the biggest seller of Sideshow Collectibles products in the USA. He is a successful and sharp businessman who loves kits and statues and is now on a mission to make Jerseyfest a huge and spectacular show. I'm telling you guys, with this guy in with us, get ready for really great results.

To all members of this forum, we hope you will try and make it to next year's show as an attendee or vendor. We are trying to do something special on the East Coast for the hobby and for you. We would love for all of you to be a part of it.

Sincerely,
Dave T.
Jerseyfest Model Kit & Statue Fair, LLC

·
Lifetime Monster Modeler
4,124 Posts
Dave,

GREAT JOB as I had told you face to face! You and your teams dedication made this a very memorable event!

Also big kudos to the guys who taught the airbrushing class on Friday!:thumbsup:

And even more important for me was the relationships formed!

I will DEFINATELY be looking forward to going again next year!

MMM

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Dave,

GREAT JOB as I had told you face to face! You and your teams dedication made this a very memorable event!

Also big kudos to the guys who taught the airbrushing class on Friday!:thumbsup:

And even more important for me was the relationships formed!

I will DEFINATELY be looking forward to going again next year!

MMM
Same here Dave, cant wait for Sci Fi next year

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The Jerseyfest 2012 all day seminars and “hands on” painting class took place on August 3rd and was an amazing experience for all involved! It was also a big party for many hobbyists and vendors. Next year will be even better - wait until you see what we have planned !! Click here to see more photos: http://jerseyfestfair.com/?page_id=57 . Thank you Saul Alvarez, Jim Capone, Rick Cantu, and Steve Parke for doing such a FANTASTIC job. Thanks to all the guys who helped !!! And lastly, thank you to all the students who attended the event - you all were terrific !!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Tony Woot added many more pictures and show coverage to his site (15 pages worth !!). Thank you Tony!! See it all starting here: http://www.scififantmodmadrealm.com/JerseyFestFair2012-1.html

Many other hobbyists have posted pictures throughout the Internet. So, we will be providing links to all these sites on the Jerseyfest web site soon.

Thanks for looking and thanks again Tony ! And in case you did not see it, here is Steve Parke's video from the class:

Dave

1 - 5 of 5 Posts