Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings. Posted in the This & That section are pics of my current project an accessory piece for the Aurora Dr. Jekyll as Mr. Hyde kit. Excuse the kit in the photos its one that survived my childhood (barely) and was all I had at the time I shot these. Got the Moebius kit now, very cool!

http://www.geocities.com/midnightman_12/nightowlspixpage.html

Questions & comments always welcomed.

Rick

·
Premium Member
3,930 Posts
Nice touch Owl, an interesting addition to the scene !

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Good!

I also like the tabletop - looks really used and abused.

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Frankenstyrene; not just the table,the whole kit looks used and abused. :lol: Its one of the few Aurora kits from my childhood that survived. You're on the list Dan! Wayne; it will be from me and haven't worked out the rest yet. Still a WIP. Thanks for the great feedback everyone!

·
Registered
414 Posts
Wow, that's another great add on Night Owl. I look forward to seeing it go into production.

And ... isn't that exactly what Aurora should've done when they designed the original kit over forty years ago. Well done.

Glenn :)

·
Registered
9,131 Posts
GlennME said:
And ... isn't that exactly what Aurora should've done when they designed the original kit over forty years ago. Well done.

Glenn :)
But then it woulda' cost $1.49 instead of 98 cents. That was serious money when I was 8 years-old. I can afford it now.;)

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Thanks guys! BTW the piece of balsa wood the shelf is on is a stand in for the extra floor piece that just got made. It gives the base a bit more space, not as crowded.

Can't remember Aurora kits being .98, they were up to $2.00 by the time I discovered them in the early 70s.

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks AFD! Won't know for sure until I get the shelf piece molded and cast and see how much resin that eats up. I'll drop you a line then.

·
Lifetime Quacka
1,725 Posts
EXCELLENT! Hey be sure and count me in on one of these too. I really like this. I remember your page now.... I have you bookmarked this time. I checked this out when you posted about the Frankenstein replacement base. I Like the drac just as well. You will be hearing from me sometime down the road!

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
That looks fantastic Nightowl....any plans on casting the jars in CLEAR resin and maybe throw in a few extra test tubes etc. while you're at it?... :)

·
Registered
4,863 Posts
Hey Rick - you know you've made it when people start making requests and demands from you!

Looking very nice - can't wait to see it at WF.

BTW, who does your casting?

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for all the great feedback everyone! Duck Fink; you're on the list. Sorry Minature Sun, no plans for clear parts. The cost of the clear resin would be a bit much for this project. I am planning on adding another bottle and maybe an open book to put on the table, still pondering that one. I do my own casting Chris.

·
Registered
726 Posts
ChrisW said:
Hey Rick - you know you've made it when people start making requests and demands from you!
Well by golly I've made it!!Because I get nothin but requests and demands from family and friends.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts