Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check it out @ NASCAR.com. I don't know if that's such a great move, since the RCR cars aren't doing very good this season either. Maybe Jeff can breath some new life into that team and get back into the top 10.

·
Registered
3,725 Posts
FINALLY! Geez, I wondered when he was going to leave Roush. Lately it seemed as though he was running a test car for the three other JR cars.

We'll see if Carl Edwards can do anything with that 99 team - too bad he's gonna burn up his possible future rookie status by running a shortened year.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Being the 3rd man at RCR is not good. Childress should have dropped Gordon from the 31.

As far as Rousch goes, has Biffle re-signed or is he leaving at the end of year? Possibly to DEI #1.

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'd like to see Ward Burton go to the 31, or a new car with either Net 0 following, or BassPro sponsorship. Net 0 has already said they will not renew with HAAS if Ward is not in the driver's seat, so Ward may go to RCR and take his sponsor with him. Both the Burtons at RCR would be the coolest team ever!

·
Registered
321 Posts
Not a wise move? It was a great move. RCR cars havent done well? compared to the ride supplied by roush to burton he cant lose. I think the idea of burton beign involved with rcr is maybe a plan to have a "older" influence on the 2 drivers now. I think if harvick had a little patience he would go far, and i think if robby was tought the same he may be able to finish more races.
RCR should have dropped robby? thats rediculous....it gives the entire team an edge on road course racing and oddly shaped tracks outside of the standard oval.

The biffle dei speculation...

DEI plans to expand to a 5 car team next year, at least they did a few months ago. I know the #1 car has already been filled by an open wheel racer next season..his name escapes me. That leaves 2 cars open..i suspect one will be truex jr for obvious reasons. the other is open, but im not sure biffle would blend well with the team, so i dont see that happening..stranger things have in the past though.
It was also mentioned that the 5th car may not be a full time ride and used for real time race testing.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Dan, I agree with the positive influence J Burton will bring to Harvick...but Gordon??? Don't think so, he's just a million dollar talent with a nickel head. He has zero respect (for or from) amongst his fellow racers including his teammates. He belongs on Saturday night dirt tracks with Tony. If AOL stays with the #30 it will great to see the Burton Brothers tradin' "ISP" paint on the track and even greater if they where teammates!!!

Speaking of sponsors, any word of the additional sponsors for DEI? Will Pennzoil stay with #1?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Pennzoil has fielded cars with Roush (Busch Series); very unlikely that they will go back, but, who knows. I suspect Andretti will stay on at DEI and they were talking about Menard(Menards stores) not too long ago. I think Truex will possibly will stay in the Busch Series another year as a learning curve.

And YES! I totally DISAGREE about Robby Gordon. "Hot Head" Harvick thinks he's such a know it all because he took over the duties of the "Man in Black" - Whopee! I am and will continue to be a Earnhardt fan, but, Harvick needs an attitude adjustment. I've never seen Robby Gordon act that way as he does on the off the track; maybe one or two stupid moves on the track and everybody is ready to crucify him - WHAT GIVES?! Stewart does it, Harvick does it, Kenseth does it, etc., etc., etc.,.......

·
Registered
321 Posts
kymailman said:
Pennzoil has fielded cars with Roush (Busch Series); very unlikely that they will go back, but, who knows. I suspect Andretti will stay on at DEI and they were talking about Menard(Menards stores) not too long ago. I think Truex will possibly will stay in the Busch Series another year as a learning curve.

And YES! I totally DISAGREE about Robby Gordon. "Hot Head" Harvick thinks he's such a know it all because he took over the duties of the "Man in Black" - Whopee! I am and will continue to be a Earnhardt fan, but, Harvick needs an attitude adjustment. I've never seen Robby Gordon act that way as he does on the off the track; maybe one or two stupid moves on the track and everybody is ready to crucify him - WHAT GIVES?! Stewart does it, Harvick does it, Kenseth does it, etc., etc., etc.,.......
Paul menards IS driving for DEI, with Menards as his sponosr too. He will be driving the #11 in the busch series in 2005 and maybe in Nextel cup in 2006. In fact he has already raced in the #11 this season.

DEI will not be short on finding sponsors for additional cars. Wrangler is a likely option.

And you give harvick a bad rap. He really isnt a hot head, he races like NASCAR drivers have raced until NASCAR instituted their stupid inconsistant rules. Dale Earnhardt Sr specifically requested that he take over if anything ever happened to him, and only Harvick. I dont care who you are, but if you can hold off Jeff Gordon at Atlanta and win the way Harvick did, that soon in his career.....you have alot to be proud of.

Robby Gordon is an idiot...he is overly aggressive...and one or 2 stupid moves when it takes out an entire field, or he tears up a great race car that he could have potentially won with becasue he didnt agree with his crew chief to come in the pits asap(last week). Robby is a one man team...he is better driving for himself like in the busch series.... better yet maybe he should stick to baha only.

Bottom line...J Burton +Harvick = big help for both of them...harvick can now have some decent veteran help. Might also help Burton be a little more agressive.

The #1 car is going to the 500 next year sponsorless as of right now with Andretti behind the wheel...for now. DEI's plans for 2005 were 5 full time teams, 3 nextelcup/2 busch, or 4 nextel cup/ 1 busch. the 1 bush team is secured and the move to nextel cup for Truex would be announced at the end of the year.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Robby Gordon an "idiot" for driving aggessively? Hmm...isn't that what racing is all about?! However, Harvick's 1st year in Winston Cup was fine - A-OK! But, 2002 & 2003 he landed in more hot water than Robby Gordon ever did, correct? Aggressive driving....Ricky Rudd incident to name a few. But, how many other drivers like Dale Earnhardt have wiped out an entire field of cars because of aggressive driving, hmm? I would imagine several more examples could be brought up, correct? It's just not about Robby Gordon or Kevin Harvick - it's a game of chance. Having the right equipment, making the right moves, calling the right shot's and making the fastest pitstops. Look at Jimmy Johnson; in 2000 he couldn't even "beg" for a win in the Busch Series. But, you put him in the right scenario with the right equipment, crew chief, pit crew, etc., and "miracles" happen. You put him with another team and it might work in the opposite direction.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Racing is not about aggressive driving, it is about skill, careful planning and yes chance(sometimes this involves the bump and run, which 8 chances out of 10 didnt take the other person out of the event and usually only done for a top 5 spot...something Robby usually doesnt have to worry about). Aggressiveness is bred by this combination and frustration. To say a sport was founded on aggressive driving is ignorant to say the least. Aggression came after the fact and even before Earnhardt was killed he had "cooled" down a considerable amount.

Certain drivers go beyond barriers of "allowable bumping"(bump ands run, late in the race, for top 5-top 10 spot or if a lap car is holding up alot), as in random bumping and banging to get through the field( kind of how Kurt busch makes it, Tony on his off days when his bi polarness goes the other way, and Robby when he feels like it). Robby hits who he wants, when he wants, and when it comes to his teammates, crew, and owner he shows little or no respect....that is why hes an idiot.

and its nice you bring up the Harvick/ rudd incident, You mean Harvicks crew doign that to rudds car? I'm affraid crew members are out of the drivers control. How can you put that on Harvick? How did he have part in it when is radio was monitored and he didnt tell the crew to do it? The reason he was in hot water is because nascar was quick to make him their scapegoat.

Bottom line, Robby has no respect for anyone on the track except himself. He is a decent guy off the track but thats it.

What Robby did at indy when his tire was flat shows his inability to "work well with others" when it comes to the team. He does what he wants, when he wants, where he wants...regardless of the consequences.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Oh and the reason why Jimmie Johnson has the talent he has is becasue he listesn to his crew, owner, and works well with his team for the overall objective. I wouldnt call it a miracle.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Oh? Tell me what was Harvick doing standing on top of his car or was it Rudd's? Don't blame this one on "crew members" alone! You needed a "ring leader" and Harvick was it. Dale Earnhardt cooled down? Not hardly....Let's not forget about the '99 Fall race at Bristol when he "bumped and run" and wrecked Terry Labonte. That's still aggressive driving anyway you look at it. It doesn't take skill and careful planning to knock someone out of the way or out of the race.

Yep, it's still a miracle when you have a driver like Johnson that came up from the Busch Series with one(1) win and to be performing like he is today. It's not the ability to listen, but, the chemistry to work together. Like I said before, if it was a different owner, pit crew and equipment - then it would be different. You can listen all you want to your crew and owner, but, the fact remains if you have the right equipment or chemistry with your crew; then you are not going to win races. I.e. - both Hendrick Motorsports cars today that were running up front - lost the transmission. Equipment failure.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I'm not wasting anymore time arguing. Cant seem to break thorugh those rosey shades.

Go back and check, Harvick was standing on his car, not rudds. He was upset he was taken out of the race...who wouldnt be? This happens more than once. Hell, Even Jeff Gordon who isnt one for conflict has had 2 post race altercations with drivers. You didnt mention him. If only i had a nickel for every post race altercation at Bristol and Richmond.

For the record...i fail to see how post race conflicts have any affect on the race itself.

Why dont we get back to the main issue here instead of a dead pointless arguement.

Jeff Burton to the #30 = Good move. Good for him, RCR, Harvick. Its not like Roush had anything to keep him there with.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts