Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm working on a JD L130 that when I first got it, it didn't want to move forward very well and reverse wouldn't even back up over a slight incline. I dropped the hydro and found that someone had replaced the sealing cap with a cap from a quart of oil, so something didn't seem right. Looking in you could tell the oil had that moisture gray look to it. I had looked on the internet and saw that they had some problems with them and some guys had luck changing to a thicker oil. So I drained the oil and refilled with 1.5qt 10w-30 oil (as specified) and 1/2qt lucas oil additive (totaling the 2qt specified). After reinstalling the difference was easily noticed, but after the customer mows for a bit, it doesn't work as good (especially on more hilly terrain) . Also if you don't hold the pedal all the way forward it works better than if you do. I have verified that the pulley is always turning, even when it won't climb a hill.

I looked up the breakdown for the hydro (K46) and it shows a fulcrum adjustment on the side. Does anyone know how to adjust it or have any other advice besides replace the hydro???

1 - 1 of 1 Posts