Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
Technically not simple "ricers." These are Bosuzoku cars are a manga (anime) caricature of FIA Group 5 racers. If you understand the story of these race cars and the pull of anime on the Japanese mind, they sort of almost make sense.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Totally insane and I totally love it! They have quite a sense of humor and exaggeration. They do something similar with scooters.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Those hit the local shelves a week or so ago. They aren't terrible looking cars, but I doubt I'll add one to my collection any time soon.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
I haven't started mine yet!:wave: This is Mattel's version!:thumbsup:
Ah, I see. Man, they're really letting Jun Imai go nuts. We got the crazy cool Skylines and now this. I think these style cars are a little too out there, but I might grab one of these for giggles if I'm already picking something else up. :lol:

·
FnF: Fords n Ferraris
7,829 Posts
Aoshima did some fine castings in the "sedate " Garuchan style which I think is more of the FIA Group 5 style

·
Registered
14,324 Posts
They do this in America too, except everybody just laughs... I don't know why. :tongue:

The car that passes by @ 1:14 looks a lot like the Hot Wheels version.

·
Registered
994 Posts
People laugh all right, but generally it's the "laugh with" type instead of the "laugh at" type.

Hey, we Japanese are insane, just check out this clip from a children's cartoon (and no, not politically offensive or even related in any way other than the characters...)

·
Registered
242 Posts
I passed on these thinking they were HW Fakeoos... but now that I know what they are< I want at least a few.. Please MORE JDM stuff and more MANGA cars.. LOVE THIS

1 - 16 of 16 Posts