Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just thought I would share these with you all.
These are the Japanese Coffee coffee cars that came out a couple
years ago or so to celebrate Ford's 100th Anniiversary. They were sold in convenience stores and it was really hard to complete the whole set. There is a second GT40 that completes the set that didn't make it into the pic. They are just a bit smaller than 1/64 and I haven't been able to figure out who makes them.

Thanks for the look.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
These are 1/72 scale. The other GT40 is Gulf #9 car. I picked up a set - they are definitely really well detailed, although paint is chipping of on the Gulf GT40's with the slightest contact. Weird.

·
Banned
5,866 Posts
If it is the Dydo Coffee Brand - They would be Kyosho, although they do look a lot like hgih speed but I don't think they do 1/72nd pieces. Nicely done for that scale for sure!

·
Registered
19,875 Posts
Love them, thanks for the view!
I think the red #1 race car is a Ford Mk...something, what's the #7 car next to it?
Ferrari? Porsche???

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Love them, thanks for the view!
I think the red #1 race car is a Ford Mk...something, what's the #7 car next to it?
Ferrari? Porsche???
Sweet, I get to educamate Lummox (usually it's the other way around) :cool:

The red #1 car is Ford GT40 MkIV, 1967 LeMans winner, campaigned by Shelby-American and driven by Mr. Dan Gurney (Gurney for president!) and A.J. Foyt.

The #7 car is Ford P68 (also known as Ford 3L), introduced in 1968 following FIA rule change in 1967 limiting engine displacement to 3 liters for Group 6 cars. It was designed by Ford of Europe and built by Alan Mann Racing in UK. Great looking car, with long, curvaceous body over aluminum monocoque. Apparently the top speed was over 215mph! However, P68 was not successful in its short racing history - it was plagued by stability and reliability issues and I don't think ever finished a race. The P68 project was abandoned after 1969 season.

·
Registered
19,875 Posts
Great info G G!
I don't think I've heard of the P68 before. It sure has a lotta similarities to the short lived unsucsessfull Ford Group 6 though.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Great info G G!
I don't think I've heard of the P68 before. It sure has a lotta similarities to the short lived unsucsessfull Ford Group 6 though.
I believe the Matchbox Ford Group 6 casting is a P68. Not sure why they went a with a less specific name, although techincally true - a Ford raced in Group 6...

·
Administrator
28,753 Posts
Sorry to be dragging up a 5 year old thread, but I just happened to pick up two car from this series this past weekend. And from this thread have already learned that I didnt pick up two duplicates, but I have both the #9 car pictured below and the #6 car (will post another photo later). Does anyone have any other information on them now - like the maker, year(s) available, etc. Thanks in advance.

MS Variety Inc Ford 100th Anniversary Georgia 1968 #9 JW-GT40

·
Administrator
28,753 Posts
I managed to get two more of the Le Mans racers last year, but all the other domestics had already been sold.

MS Variety Inc Roots Coffee Ford 100th Anniversary 1967 Ford GT40 Mk IV #1 & 1968 P68 (FL3) #7

1 - 18 of 18 Posts