Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 530 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, starting a new thread to let people know about our local R/C track. It is located in Plymouth, IN, about 20 minutes south of South Bend. It is a great facility and a family atmosphere to race at. Races are held Saturday nights..doors open at 4:00p.m., racing starts at 7:00 p.m.

Rules for the classes are listed on the website: www.jamsrc.com or you can email them directly at [email protected] . As always, if you bring at least three (3) cars for a division, they will find a place for you in the schedule. Also, for the younger kids (or even the big kids) that are wanting to try it out, they have rental cars that can be rented and raced for the evening. You just drive the car, return it to the track officials and they will get it ready for the next heat. A simple way to get hooked...errr, try out....the sport/hobby of R/C racing.

They have an on-site hobby shop that carries parts and if you don't see what you need, let them know, they can probably order it for you. They also have food, candy and pop on-site. If you are craving something from a drive-thru, there numerous places to drive within 5 minutes of the track.

There will be an open house on October 7, 2006, from 5:00 - 9:00 p.m. Come out, check out the facilities, hot lap and just visit with each other.

Also, keep an eye on this thread for more information regarding a Trophy Race in December.

Any questions, feel free to email or post here!

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Hey Hydro.....

Good deal man.......will have to keep that date in mind......

Hey Guys.....If you ever want a good "TRACK" burger instead of that Buger King Stuff.....this is the place for you!!!!

·
Registered
909 Posts
Anybody planning on running brushless this year?I know about the kids around the track.I think the some kind of portable fencing would keep the little guys safe.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, there are a few of us that are planning on making the switch to brushless. We are looking for a common ground on this and is seems that most agree to an open speedo with the 4300 motor. Anybody out there wanting to run brushless, please post your opinion here to let us know what you think.

As far as the kids around the track, I'm sure that if we get too fast for the walls to contain us, that we can talk to Mike and John to see about getting a catch fence or something along those lines installed.

·
Delicious Vinyl Graphics
4,284 Posts
I'll probably be getting a 4300 brushless, as I'm thinking about a few of the BRL's this year. I think Rich Sanderson was talking brushless as well. Kinda kills off the six-cell stock class there at JAM's. IMO, the 4300 is plenty for that track. 5800's will work, but will probably overpower the track- probably run faster with the 4300.
A catchfence of some sort would be good, even if it was an orange snowfencing that was portable for when something fast runs. You hate to put something permanent up, especially with that nice comfy chair there! But, for safety, probably needs to be done.
Lastly, Kris is right about the food, it's awesome!

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
With Pete's track being so close to ours, are there any racers out there that want to race the 5800 motor/rules from Pete's instead? I know that I would prefer to race against more people, so let me know what you think.

My thought process on this is that there are already some racers out there that have this system already from running it at Pete's. Trying to see if there are enough people that want to come here and run it also.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
I'm already setup for 4300. A few people are starting to try it at Pete's. It might caught on there later in the season. I'd say 4300 open speedo but I still have a 5800 motor but no SS+. The unofficial record at Jams with the 4300 open speedo is 76. At least thats what I've heard. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
tbmrc53 ...since you have no PM box....would it be cool if I participate in the running of the 4300 or 5800 brushless classes when the rules are set.....

I am in the works in getting my brushless speedo....I have been borrowing a system from somone to test and tune with and I have to give it back tommorrow.....but I think 4300 would as fast as 6 cell stock there on your ozite...... 5800 would work out okay....but who wants to gear down to make that much power work at a short track???? 4300 powerband is a little more forgiving.......

a catch fence is a little troublesome to have but a good idea.....

The times I raced there I have always been concerned about either my car or somone elses hitting a spectator over in that area.......I would probably quit racing if my car hit a kid, or anyone in that instance.....

·
Delicious Vinyl Graphics
4,284 Posts
I see no problem with the 16th myself, at the same time, is it too close to Christmas? Just thinking the possible lack of turnout because of being so close. I could be wrong, too.... May be great- maybe promote it as a Christmas race?
As for the brushless, being there's probably 3:1 (or more) of 5800 owners to 4300 owners at this moment, it may help to offer it. 4300 is probably the "way to go", but you still have to justify running it. If there's only two to three, it's just an extra four-minute delay to your race night....

·
Delicious Vinyl Graphics
4,284 Posts
I see no problem with the 16th myself, at the same time, is it too close to Christmas? Just thinking the possible lack of turnout because of being so close. I could be wrong, too.... May be great- maybe promote it as a Christmas race?
As for the brushless, being there's probably 3:1 (or more) of 5800 owners to 4300 owners at this moment, it may help to offer it, at least at this time. 4300 is probably the "way to go", but you still have to justify running it. If there's only two to three, it's just an extra four-minute delay to your race night....

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Yep....open house is Sat. Night October 7th......I do belive it is ends at 9pm. Come and check out the track, hot lap, mingle, and have fun!!! Maybe even have a track burger......Licking my lips.......

Okay....Roll Call who's coming.....

Count ME in.....

Kris

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Originally Posted by tbmrc53
We are thinking of our trophy night being December 16. Anybody have anything that conflicts with that?

Nope not a problem here!!!!!

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Correct guys, this coming Saturday is the open house. Doors open at 5:00 p.m. close at 9:00 p.m.

check out the new building renovations, do some hot lapping, talk about classes/rules, do some "bench racing".

1 - 20 of 530 Posts