Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
Jamestown track

Mike,
Hi, the track is located just out of Jamestown in Falconer, NY across from the John Deer dealer there. The track is ozite and has about a 186-189 ft run line, long straights & and nice corners not sweeping but not to tight. It is a nice track!!! Right now they are running pretty much oval / anything with 3-4 cars will make a class. The main classes are stock truck / buggy, modified truck / buggy (not sure if they made it cameleon 2 class or not) then Stock Pan car. They are getting a very good turn out, I know allot of the guys running up there & it is a very nice group to race with. The track is smooth also, once in awhile a couple minor bumps (they role the track out each night & roll it up at the end). They also run orderless traction compound (mainly Jack). I know there has been talk about road course also but not sure if they are running that yet. I would like to make it there more often I know that. Hope that helped out!!!
Naz53

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Mike,
Shaun is right about the classes but we are also running east coast mod. We have also talked about running 19 turn and open mod and a few of us will probably do some testing. road course is still in the planning stages. There is plenty of power but at this time you need to bring your own table and chair. Huge pit area, so space is not a problem. You might want to get ahold of Glenn Singleton as he comes up on a regular basis(if he's not pulling). You might drive to his place and hook up with him for the rest of the trip. If you plan on over nite, there are 3 motels within 5 minutes of the track. Track opens at 4:00 on Sat. and Racing starts at 6:00. New Autoscore timing system- new ozite. For more info contact Craftworld and ask for Greg.(1-800-737-1180 or 716-484-1780. If I can be of anymore help let me know and hope to see you soon.

·
Registered
6,711 Posts
Naz53 said:
Mike,
running pretty much oval / The main classes......... are Stock Pan car. They are getting a very good turn out, I know allot of the guys running up there & it is a very nice group to race with.
Sorry guys, Mike cant read

·
Registered
596 Posts
Jamestown

Bob,
I was hoping you would see this topic for Mike.
Mike, right now the main pan car class is 4 cell stock, but Bob mentioned above they are looking at 19t or modified also. Can't wait to try to get back up there. Later.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Hey Tom, nice to hear from you. The track is currently running. Saturdays, track opens at noon and racing starts at 4:30. Right now we are running both a 4 cell stock class and 4 cell 19 turn class. Most people in 19 turn are still running cameleons, but everyone is eventually going to switch to Arcor type motors. We have not tried open Mod yet, but 2 weeks from now I will be back at the track and am going to try it in practice. The track is no longer being rolled up every week, they located to a different part of the same building and only have to pull 1 corner up, which is out of the run line anyhow. Turn-out has been in the 40-50 range the first couple weeks, and normally starts picking up this time of year. Hope to see you down here soon, hope everything is well, take car. -Jeff Patch

·
Registered
780 Posts
thanks for the reply, jeff. what about traction compounds? quad magnets in stock? personal transponders? is there an address for the building that i can mapquest?

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Tom, all traction compounds are odoress, we run by roar rules so the new epic motor is legal but the old is not. We use an amb scoring system so we do use personal transponders, and I will have to get boack to you on the address, if you wanted, as long as you can get to jamestown ok we would be willing to meet you somewhere and show you the rest of the way, let me know when your planning on making it down. Take care.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Tom, Jeff forgot to mention that last week Pete D., Billy K., and Dillon W. were down. Said that they had a great time and would definitely be back. Petey set new track record in 19T (53). Wow, now isn't that a surprise, ha ha. Hope to see you soon.

Bob

·
Registered
688 Posts
Jeff,

Greg told me that they are sticking w/ the Chameleons. I dont care what they do, as long as he picks something and stays with it.

Tom, I've been racing there quite often too. Billy said it took him around 2 hrs to get there. Hows the turnout at Fountain on Saturdays...I'm gonna try to make it up in about 3 weeks or so.

"Pancar" Wally.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Wally, I don't care much either, I would rather go to arcor because the ROAR rules are changing and from what I've seen the Arcor 19 turn classes seem to be more competitive, but I will run what everyone else is. I'm goingt o be trying to run open mod in a week or so, so maybe we can get one of those classes going.

Porks, Are you talking about the North East near Erie PA? we are located approx. 45 minutes East of Erie just above the NY/PA line.

Everyone, I will post an address for people who would like to research mapquest directions. We currently do not have a website, but I know we have someone looking into one and might have one up in a month or so.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts