Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy, I would like pics of every single one of the 1:43 James bond cars, You know,The ones with the magazine.;)

·
Premium Member
13,377 Posts
Howdy, I would like pics of every single one of the 1:43 James bond cars, You know,The ones with the magazine.;)

I have these cars. Hope it's of some help. I have two more from this series, but they are packed away in a box somewhere. Wish I had the James Bond cars with the magazines.

I bought this James Bond magazine in 1964 and still have it.

I wish I had the 1:1.

·
Registered
473 Posts
I am collecting the set with the magazines. Some of the cars have been fantastic while others have been horrid.
Still, its a neat set although it keeps growing. What started out as 40 cars now is at 85 with rumors of 100.

Here is kind of a bootleg I made by using the Corgi Rolls and printing off my own background and label for the front

·
Registered
473 Posts
The car, the diorama and the magazine make it a really fun set to collect. What is not fun is when they use a car that barely makes a blip on the movie screen or one that is done so poorly that its cannot even be displayed.
Sadly their are a few of them.

·
Registered
920 Posts
The car, the diorama and the magazine make it a really fun set to collect. What is not fun is when they use a car that barely makes a blip on the movie screen or one that is done so poorly that its cannot even be displayed.
Sadly their are a few of them.
That wonderful GT40 for instance or the thing purporting to be a Land Rover. Or my personal (non) favourite - the Aston Martin Volante.

However, there are several little gems - the AMC Hornet, the Cougar, the Maserati 425 & a good few more.

I must admit though, they really are at the barrell scraping stage now:)

·
Registered
473 Posts
yeah, I have that one frank.
I think the collection pics I showed is an older one

I would place the detail/quality level at below Ertl standards on this one.

·
Premium Member
4,663 Posts
You mentioned the top 3, Steve.
Barrel scraping yes, but a few good one remain undone.
Always the way i guess!
I didn't see a '64 red Ranchero in your stash. I always thought is was halairious that they put 6,000lbs of crushed, cubed Lincoln in the bed and the axle didn't break....ah.....Hollywood :p

From 'Goldfinger' for those who don't know what I'm talking about :tongue:

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
I think what he meant was that that cube was depicted in the movie as being the entire car, which clearly it's not.

Plus, that's a weird shade of red.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Yeah, I always wondered how that poor little Ranchero could handle all that weight in the back LOL

I have the Ranchero en route. My buddy in the UK gets these for me and then ships them over about 10 at a time.

·
Premium Member
4,663 Posts
Yeah, I always wondered how that poor little Ranchero could handle all that weight in the back LOL

I have the Ranchero en route. My buddy in the UK gets these for me and then ships them over about 10 at a time.
:thumbsup::thumbsup: Great post pics when you get it!

I could've sworn it was red :confused:, I feel old now, I haven't seen the movie in awhile.

·
Premium Member
13,377 Posts
Very impressive collection of James Bond cars!:thumbsup:

Thanks for posting the pics.

I am collecting the set with the magazines. Some of the cars have been fantastic while others have been horrid.
Still, its a neat set although it keeps growing. What started out as 40 cars now is at 85 with rumors of 100.

Here is kind of a bootleg I made by using the Corgi Rolls and printing off my own background and label for the front

1 - 20 of 42 Posts