Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has this company ceased trading,I logged onto their web site to find(accessories/lighting ideas) nearly everything I looked at Sold out and it has been this way for a little while,am I answering my own question by saying possible License issues?

Gordon:wave:

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sorry Moderator,I was looking as the FS and stuck this thread into the Mobeus instead of the Model Lighting threads

Gordon

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
As far as I know Just an Illusion continues to produce and sell lighting kits etc. I know that Gil Hernandez - the owner is just recovering from a bout with pneumonia and I'm pretty sure that has affected his business...but i talked to hinm just a few days ago and i'm sure that he's still IN business...

Dave

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Definitely still in business. Dave's right - Gil had a nasty bout of pneumonia and he's slowly getting back on his feet.

Both VooDoo FX and JAI provide excellent service for all of your lighting needs.

He can be reached at [email protected]

Rob
Iwata Padawan

·
Premium Member
390 Posts
Thanks Dave and Rob. I will add that I talked to Gil just a few minutes ago. He's feeing much better, and will soon make a strong comeback. He told me that he wanted to get pneumonia out of the way before Winter. Sounds about right.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Good to hear Gil getting better..I have dealt with him in the past and he even called me once in response to a question I had about a kit I purchased from him..Never had that happen before ..He's a good guy and I will deal with him again.. I was lucky enough to get a lighting and repose kit for a certain Marvel hero with a suit made of metal before they disappeared...Jeff

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks and Glad to hear it from you guys,I was mainly interested in the light sheet pieces he was offering after seeing it put to good use on a FS model,

Gordon

·
Premium Member
2,830 Posts
Get well soon, Gil! As someone who suffered pneumonia 20 years ago, your COMPLETE recovery takes precedence over those 2 lighting kits of mine, and you'll be back on your feet before we know it! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Gil filled my order while still sick. My best wished and prayers go out to him. I don't know him personally, but I consider him a friend and a leader in fine aftermarket supplies.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Get well soon Gil! I once emailed a question for Gil and he called me and we had a great conversation. His products are tops and I have one on order and plan to buy a bunch of his new kits coming out. His customer service is the best and he's a darn nice guy too!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts