Hobbyist Forums banner

121 - 140 of 161 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Hey there, Skip. My HT handle is 54belair - it was not any indication by me as to the pictured car - I know very well the differences. Grille, blinkers, tail lights, hubcaps, hood ornament and even the Chevy nameplate ornaments on the hood and trunk are different. I took the handle because my first car was a hand-me-down black '54 Bel Air 2-door sedan with a white quarter panel spear and black skirts. Seemed an appropriate name on a car enthusiast website. The engine on my 1:1 purred - I used to adjust the tappets with a screwdriver in each hand and a broom handle to my ear so I could hear the correct adjustment.

I've had this Jada car for many years as it was the closest thing to the 1:1 that I had until Malibu and M2 came along with '54s in 1:64 scale, though in the sport coupe style not the sedan. I'm with you- I'd love to have a daily driver that looked like the Jada.

From your handle I'm guessing that you are maybe a banjo or guitar player or else you're a Virginia tabacca-pickah - didn't think you were indicating that all your steroid-engined hot rods were "Pikitsons"...!:rolleyes:

Keep those cool blown big-blocks comin', Skip...:thumbsup:

- John
...54b

:wave:
My father showed me how to use a broomhandle for a mechanic's stethoscope.It comes in handy as you se it for adjusting tappets as well as locating strange internal noises.You must be an old school guy.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
"Man"..."O"..."Man"..."O"..."Man"..."O"..."Man"..."O"..."Man"..."O"..."Man"...

What A "DYN-O-MITE" Looking "CADDY" "LO-RYDER"...:thumbsup:...

I Just "Love Them "O'le Low-Ryders"......:cool:......
Having Those "GIANT CHROME BUMPERS" & GRILL".....
What A "RIDE".............

......"NICE PICTURE"......

..."Take Care my Friend"...
...."Skip"....................

121 - 140 of 161 Posts