Hobbyist Forums banner
101 - 120 of 152 Posts

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
This Is A "GREAT LOOKING 1953 CHEVY"...:thumbsup:...
It indicated in the Write-up it was a 1954. But the 1954 Had the vertical bar grille that wrapped around the front fenders on each side with small signal lights that the edges of the Chrome Grille wrapped around the edges of each front fender.
This Picture Reminds me of the Cars Guys Build to go on this "HOT-ROD MAGAZINE" Ride Across Country. People will take Nice Cars Like this One Leave the Outside Completely Stock Looking. The Drive train is Changed over to All Late Model Drive train. Usually a V8, AT, AC, CC, Disc Brakes, all late model running gear in case something happens during the Cross Country Ride Parts can Easily Be Found and repairs are no problems.......
I'd Like To Have One Like this 1953 BEL-AIR done up the same way with all late model running gear so I could drive it "ANYWHERE" & "ANYTIME". This Way You Can Really Enjoy Your Car.........

..."Take Care My Friend's"...
...."Skip"........................

·
Registered
14,683 Posts
This Is A "GREAT LOOKING 1953 CHEVY"...:thumbsup:...
It indicated in the Write-up it was a 1954. But the 1954 Had the vertical bar grille that wrapped around the front fenders on each side with small signal lights that the edges of the Chrome Grille wrapped around the edges of each front fender.
Hey there, Skip. My HT handle is 54belair - it was not any indication by me as to the pictured car - I know very well the differences. Grille, blinkers, tail lights, hubcaps, hood ornament and even the Chevy nameplate ornaments on the hood and trunk are different. I took the handle because my first car was a hand-me-down black '54 Bel Air 2-door sedan with a white quarter panel spear and black skirts. Seemed an appropriate name on a car enthusiast website. The engine on my 1:1 purred - I used to adjust the tappets with a screwdriver in each hand and a broom handle to my ear so I could hear the correct adjustment.

I've had this Jada car for many years as it was the closest thing to the 1:1 that I had until Malibu and M2 came along with '54s in 1:64 scale, though in the sport coupe style not the sedan. I'm with you- I'd love to have a daily driver that looked like the Jada.

From your handle I'm guessing that you are maybe a banjo or guitar player or else you're a Virginia tabacca-pickah - didn't think you were indicating that all your steroid-engined hot rods were "Pikitsons"...!:rolleyes:

Keep those cool blown big-blocks comin', Skip...:thumbsup:

- John
...54b

:wave:

·
Registered
474 Posts
Hey there, Skip. My HT handle is 54belair - it was not any indication by me as to the pictured car - I know very well the differences. Grille, blinkers, tail lights, hubcaps, hood ornament and even the Chevy nameplate ornaments on the hood and trunk are different. I took the handle because my first car was a hand-me-down black '54 Bel Air 2-door sedan with a white quarter panel spear and black skirts. Seemed an appropriate name on a car enthusiast website. The engine on my 1:1 purred - I used to adjust the tappets with a screwdriver in each hand and a broom handle to my ear so I could hear the correct adjustment.

I've had this Jada car for many years as it was the closest thing to the 1:1 that I had until Malibu and M2 came along with '54s in 1:64 scale, though in the sport coupe style not the sedan. I'm with you- I'd love to have a daily driver that looked like the Jada.

From your handle I'm guessing that you are maybe a banjo or guitar player or else you're a Virginia tabacca-pickah - didn't think you were indicating that all your steroid-engined hot rods were "Pikitsons"...!:rolleyes:

Keep those cool blown big-blocks comin', Skip...:thumbsup:

- John
...54b

:wave:
My father showed me how to use a broomhandle for a mechanic's stethoscope.It comes in handy as you se it for adjusting tappets as well as locating strange internal noises.You must be an old school guy.

·
Administrator
36,094 Posts
I have two loose Jada in my shelf display of Corvettes.

2008 Jada #160 Big Time Muscle '69 Chevrolet Corvette ZL-1

2006 Jada Big Time Muscle Dub City '63 Chevy Corvette Sting Ray

·
Administrator
36,094 Posts
Turns out I had one still in the package out in the Garage Mahal as well!

2008 Jada #160 Big Time Muscle '69 Chevrolet Corvette ZL-1

·
Administrator
36,094 Posts
Dusted off one of the bigger diecasts in my collection today...

Jada #91858 Speed Racer Mach 5 1:24

101 - 120 of 152 Posts