Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to take a minute and announce that we will be organizing some races this year.

The track: Hard packed....and i mean hard packed clay...which gets pretty slick at times. Fairly short....i'm thinking it is around 300ft racing line at this point, but until i actually measure it i don't know for sure. Banking is pretty low. We are still in the process of working on it and hope to have it raceable here in the next couple of weeks...i'm going to be working on the track each tuesday, until we get it raceable. We also have an off-road track(inside and part of the oval) which we have held races of 250+ entries on before(can you say BlueGroove).

As for schedule.... Tuesday or weekend day like Sunday. Friday and Saturdays are out as we are racing full size LMs at 2 different track each week and i don't want to overlap with any other tracks that are close like stateline. The tuesday nights probably won't be each week unless we have the demand for that. The Sunday dates will probably be our "Specials", but we'll see what happens with our regular nights first.

We do have an old AMB scoring system, so we can run races.

Tuesday will be our regular night... entry fees will be $10 with $5 going to the property owner....this is located at Michigan's largest go Kart facility....and not it's not a "fun" kart place....they run WKA events there and have leagues and rear race nights(www.jacksonspeeday.net). The other $5 goes to the "Club" for track improvements and scoring upgrades.

Prizes: This is preliminary and just a start....
A-Main
1st..... $10 credit
2nd......$7 credit
3rd.......$5 credit
4th.......$3 credit
Credit is good for race entry only.....for now.

We are working on getting some "league" time on the go-kart track for the top guys if we run points so...many good things could happen here. We just need racers to support the track.

So if you are around the area....let us know what class you would like to run... i would like to keep it limited to Latemodels, EDMs, sprints and probably trucks... electric and nitro are welcome. If you have something that doesn't really fit any regular rules, then we will make a class for those..... we are trying to keep it somewhat scale appearing and professional.

We are also looking for a few track sponsors. The track is seen by a couple hundred people each week....go kart racers...as well as thousands of people for special events on the property....so if your involved with the hobby or have a business in the Jackson area, please feel free to contact me about sponsorship and banner placements.

We also may look at a touring series if other tracks are interested or a series wants a date at our track.

If you have questions or need more info, you can PM me here and i'll do my best to check it regularly and update info here as I get it.

Thanks,

Scott
Jackson R/C Raceway

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Right now i'm getting the track raceable. I'm working on getting a schedule together this week. I'll be working on the track this tuesday if we don't get poured on...usually takes 24 hours of sun to get the track dried out enough to work with it.

I was really trying to gauge the interest, if no one wants to race, then it doesn't make sence for me to go and get a nice facility setup.....the track is there and almost ready to go as it is now....so i would hate to just let it sit.

Right now, I am looking at racing on the 2nd and 4th Tuesday of each month from May through September. With maybe a special Sunday race twice....one in July and then one in September. I just need to make sure that my schedule is ok with the dates i have now.

Thanks,

Scott
Jackson R/C Raceway

1 - 3 of 3 Posts