Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 210 Posts

·
Registered
776 Posts
I think Jack always opens the first Saturday following Mother's Day. I'm sure Jim Fulton would be able to tell you (www.fultonshobbies.com).

Jack has a great track and is a super guy. I can only get there once or twice per year but I have fun when I can make it. I'm sure he'll have a big weekly crowd - he's never hurting for racers.

Kevin

·
Registered
6,711 Posts
What classes do they run there?
Any stock or 19T?
What tires are choice?
Purples, Aqua's??
Thanks

Eric H.
Hyperdrive
BSR
PRS

·
Registered
499 Posts
racing starts saturday May 14th, i'll get some new pictures and get them posted, any questions you can call Jack 740-695-2978, or post them here, track is in St. Clairsville Ohio, about 15 minutes west of Wheeling on 70, just a few minutes beside Jamboree in the hills campground, plenty of pit space and electric, great food too, can't wait to get back outside under the lights, Brad.

·
Registered
499 Posts
there's a small pic on fultonshobbies.com, i'll get some new pics this weekend and get them posted, i'll get some different set-ups from last season too and get them posted, Brad.

·
Registered
6,711 Posts
This is the beginning setup I tried last year which was real close, put me 3rd on the grid.

LF
White spring, no preload
0 deg castor
1 deg camber

RF
White spring, .020 preload
2 deg castor
1 deg camber

Center
Solid spring steel
60 wt oil
#1 piston
Assoc green spring
Offset pod
Rear track 7 5/8"

LR
30 wt
Assoc Silver spring

RR
30 wt
Assoc Green spring

Tire prep - GM top engine cleaner

Body:
Proto Dodge or Monte
Big Wing

Not sure what compound caps are the best.
I ran greens and blues when I was there.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Practice is tentatively scheduled for Saturday, April 30. According to the weather forecasts, however, it looks like that's going to be washed out by a full day of rain. Bummer!

Any chance Jack and the other guys would be willing to run on Sunday May 1 instead? The forecasts predict a cloudy but dry day on Sunday.

erock - thanks for the set-up help. Did you record the rollout that you used? Also, your set-up was for stock, correct?

Kevin

·
Registered
499 Posts
the weather does'nt look too good for saturday, may be able to go Sunday, Shawn, Andy, Dusty, Kenny, Jack mostly ran green "L" on the left side and blue "S" on the right, when the sun went down they would sometimes switch to a green "S" on the right rear, the blue was a little firm when the track cooled off at night, Eric, why the green spring on right rear ?? does that help keep the left rear tire planted better, i've usually run same springs on both side shocks, Steve, Erics set-up is the right place to start, Shawn ran pretty much the same thing. if wether is bad Sunday too, i'm gonna try to make it up tuesday or wednesday, if you can go let me know, we'll meet and you can ride up with me, Brad.

·
Registered
6,711 Posts
PanMan said:
erock - thanks for the set-up help. Did you record the rollout that you used? Also, your set-up was for stock, correct?

Kevin
Stock setup, yes

Rollout was about a 2.38-2.43 range with a Monster. If I had to run there again, being they are on caps (more efficient, less drag) I would run the Epic Roar stock and roll it out a couple teeth lower.

Pretty much everywhere I have been if you gear the Epic right it runs better than a Monster.

·
Registered
528 Posts
HOTY USA if you are asking me if I want to go up with you on tuesday or wednesday that would be a yes unless something comes up and hope to see you sunday too.

·
Registered
776 Posts
So - the weather still looks bad for Saturday. Is everyone planning on moving practice to Sunday instead? Is Jack OK with Sunday? What is the planned start time?

Sorry about all of the questions but I'm trying to make weekend plans.

Thanks!

Kevin

1 - 20 of 210 Posts