Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got mine yesterday, it's a dream come true! Now, having looked it over thoroughly I want to put it back into the box... impossible!
I spent 45 minutes, and finally gave up. Anyone have the answer to this boggling conundrum?

KK

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
Buy a bigger box! Maybe someone will create an after market box that has 30% more internal space.

·
Oxidation Genius
31,235 Posts
Carefully!

I managed thusly: Put all the larger sprues in the center of the box, then cover them with the top half of the saucer. Then sprinkle the larger sprues around the edges and put the lower half on top.

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
Got mine yesterday, it's a dream come true! Now, having looked it over thoroughly I want to put it back into the box... impossible!
I spent 45 minutes, and finally gave up. Anyone have the answer to this boggling conundrum?

KK
Forget about putting it back...Now you have to build it!

·
Registered
466 Posts
That is just too freakin' funny! BECAUSE I unpacked my first-run C-57D all those years ago and couldn't get it back in the box. So, it sits on a shelf with its lid 2 inches higher and with nothing on top that could squish parts.

NOW... and I know this may sound silly or even a-retentive, but I learned a lesson from that little experience... when I open a large-box kit (or any kit which is looks as if packed by someone with an engineering degree so it fits one way only) I grab the digital cam and shoot as I get the top off and shoot each "layer" thereafter, and shoot each layer "element" (ie bag or other distinct body) both in-place and removed to document its orientation.

Yes, I can and have re-packed my Moebius J2 several times. No, I haven't (yet) opened the new-run C-57D so I can repack my old one! Yes, I will send you pictures if you want them!

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
You just have to build it. Model ninja rules. Once the box is open, the styrene must taste glue. The parts sticking out of the box with the lid that no longer completely closes is a reminder and a taunt. Unfinished business awaits.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Moebius is helping us aleviate USS (Unbuilt Stash Syndrome)! If is won't fit back in the box, you have to finish it or spend months tripping over the box.:)

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
I had the same problem. Since my brother is getting one I opened another for inspection.

So here goes Nektu in order:

instruction sheet first
place the bag containing the floor section in the box first stack the following bags on top of it: The wall section bag which contains the window frame, next the bag containing the landing gear, lastly the bag containing the cockpit console. After stacking these place the top hull of the ship over all of it.(you may have to adjust the stack a bit to get the top half to lay flat over it.

Ok after all that place the 4 remaining bags on top of the, top hull of the ship. Lay them out using the four corners of the box as a guide. Place the two larger bags horizontal of each other and the two smaller bags vertical of each other.

After that place the lower hull of the ship on top, bottom side up of course.

LASTLY put the elevator cage bag in one of the corners of the box, standing upright. It should fit right in.

Top of box should now goes on smoothly. Store in a cool dry place until you are ready to build.:jest:

Hope that helps.

·
Starship Class
11,871 Posts
C'mon, it's the Jupiter 2! Did you actually expect the interior contents to fit in the exterior shell? :p
YOU BEAT ME TO IT! :roll:

In the Irwin Allen universe there are certain dimensional irregularities! :D

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
It's a great kit and I appreciate it's detail but I canceled my J2 order as I don't have enough room.

·
Registered
371 Posts
C'mon, it's the Jupiter 2! Did you actually expect the interior contents to fit in the exterior shell?

that s funny as heck, i gotta admit your right about that one

·
Premium Member
5,433 Posts
Consider yourself lucky it's not a Pocher kit!!!:p

Chris.:)

·
Premium Member
2,825 Posts
Back in the box? Simplicity itself! Just remove the upper and lower hulls, attach the viewport window frame, place (do NOT cement) the top dome and the fusion core cage (w/o the clear insert)to the hulls, close the box, and place the Jupiter 2 hull shell on top of the box. Presto! The box closes AND it gives you the opportunity to locate a nice display area that you will use when you finally complete the ship!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts