Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which fusion core looks better, with or without fins? I can't decide. What are you guys doing? I thought of using the leftover extra one on the bottom of one of my old PL 12"er to maybe make a Gemini 12. Would that work?:confused:

·
Premium Member
5,988 Posts
My two cents' worth is, I dislike the fins because they interfere with your view of the fusion core lights. Besides, it would take a lot of work to fashion thirty two identical fins, glue them all in perfect alignment, not get any glue blobs anywhere, AND paint them all. The net result of all that effort would be a feature that interfered with your view of the fusion core lights.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think the fins look kinda aggressive,like teeth,but I'm also scared of breaking one off too. BTW,does TSDS have a space pod fusion core light kit out yet?

·
Oxidation Genius
31,234 Posts
My two cents' worth is, I dislike the fins because they interfere with your view of the fusion core lights. Besides, it would take a lot of work to fashion thirty two identical fins, glue them all in perfect alignment, not get any glue blobs anywhere, AND paint them all.
Why would you have to do all that? They're included in the Moebius kit on an optional one-piece core cover.

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
If I read the original question correctly he wants to use the new spare Moebius part on the old Polar Lights kit... which just isnt going to work... the new kit is 1/35 and the old kit was 1/48...

Werent the fins extended when the ship was in flight and not on its landing gear as they seem to interfere with the landing gear if they are lowered?

·
Registered
4,821 Posts
If I read the original question correctly he wants to use the new spare Moebius part on the old Polar Lights kit... which just isnt going to work... the new kit is 1/35 and the old kit was 1/48...

Werent the fins extended when the ship was in flight and not on its landing gear as they seem to interfere with the landing gear if they are lowered?
IIRC the Gemini version had a warger core in proportion to the hull diameter- the two differnet scales might work.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts