Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, now that I can't get it back in the box (!), I've gone through it pretty thoroughly. Does anyone have a problem with their floor for the interior? Mine has a nasty twist/warp that will not be fixed by gluing to the lower hull. It's bad. The ceiling/soffit is also a little off, too.
Anybody have this issue?

KK

·
Starship Class
11,878 Posts
Yep, got a warped one but can be fixed with a glued-in support rod or two.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
So, now that I can't get it back in the box
KK

Nektu. Follow my instructions in your other thread about getting it back in the box. As for a warped floor, I will have to check. I wouldnt be surprised though, the plastic is a little thin. I wonder if heating it with a blow dryer would straighten it out?

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Either that or let the hot water from the tap run on it and might make it more flexible in straightening it up berfore gluing it in place.:cool:

·
Registered
85 Posts
My floor is fine, but both of my fusion cores are severely warped. The one with the fins more so than the other. Any quick fixes for these, the plastic is pretty thick...or should I just see about obtaining a replacement part directly from Moebius? . The fusion is a pretty critical piece, one that I really want to fit property considering the light that will be coming from with in. Other than this one problem, she's a real beauty!

·
Registered
432 Posts
So, now that I can't get it back in the box (!), I've gone through it pretty thoroughly. Does anyone have a problem with their floor for the interior? Mine has a nasty twist/warp that will not be fixed by gluing to the lower hull. It's bad. The ceiling/soffit is also a little off, too.
Anybody have this issue?

KK
Just build it! you will never see it in the finish anyway. Here is a long shot across the floor line.

Randy Neubert
VoodooFX

·
Premium Member
2,614 Posts
My floor is fine, but both of my fusion cores are severely warped. The one with the fins more so than the other. Any quick fixes for these, the plastic is pretty thick...or should I just see about obtaining a replacement part directly from Moebius? . The fusion is a pretty critical piece, one that I really want to fit property considering the light that will be coming from with in. Other than this one problem, she's a real beauty!
My fusion cores are both warped, although not as bad as your's seem to be.
The one I'll be using looks fine when snaped into place so I'm happy there.
My ceiling soffit is very warped, I'm going to try setting my oven at 180degs
and place it between two peices of glass to press down on it for about two hours then let it cool in the oven and see if that works.

·
Registered
432 Posts
My fusion cores are both warped, although not as bad as your's seem to be.
The one I'll be using looks fine when snaped into place so I'm happy there.
My ceiling soffit is very warped, I'm going to try setting my oven at 180degs
and place it between two peices of glass to press down on it for about two hours then let it cool in the oven and see if that works.
It will lay down, after fiting it 5-6 times with all the walls in place it will start to take shape. Rubber band it for a few days and it will fit perfect! Randy

·
Premium Member
2,614 Posts
Cant wait to see what you will do with yours! It a great model kit I loved working on the build up! Sorry for walking on your thread Nektu, back to you! Randy
Nonsense Randy, happy to have your help with this......:wave: Sometimes
I can over react too an easy fix.....:rolleyes:

PS, I think you have some of the best FX electronic kits out there....:thumbsup: It give all builders that nice touch they may never had been able to do without......;)

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
No real floor problems here either. Its a bit floppy until you start to add the walls, etc. I think the kit part should straighten itself out okay.

Both of my fusion core parts are warped too. One was wrenched off the sprue too and is broken (can be fixed with filler).

More problematic are the landing gear parts... the rather complicated stair pieces have a very nasty spiral twist to them.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Sounds like the factory in China might be pulling the parts out of the mold a shade too soon. Too-warm plastic taken out of mold = tendency to warp.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Mine were fine. All the parts so far are pretty perfect.

I first thought I saw sink marks on the lower hull... turns out they're molded in. They're the RCS ports (or whatever they call them).

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Sounds like the factory in China might be pulling the parts out of the mold a shade too soon. Too-warm plastic taken out of mold = tendency to warp.
That, and maybe cramming 6 gallons of kit into a five gallon hat..er ..uh..box. heehee

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
Mine were fine. All the parts so far are pretty perfect.

I first thought I saw sink marks on the lower hull... turns out they're molded in. They're the RCS ports (or whatever they call them).
Actually the lower hull is very badly marred with sink marks. They are particularly bad around the area between the top of the landing gear cut outs and th ring for the fusion core. on my kit you can actually see the surface of the hull dip and wave very noticably. When I get going more on my build I planned on taking some pictures of the area.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Hello
1-4-10 Just received my moebus J-II, and must have got a good one. looked at all the parts up close under good light and found no problems but back in the box is not easy even trying to be thorough..

Scott..........

1 - 20 of 28 Posts