Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sharpie now makes an metalic pen (you know Sharpie pens) I used to use them on HotWheel Sizzlers (gave up on those). The only problem I came across is if you attach silicone tires, you have to be careful because the silver will come off. Now I let these wheels dry for about 2 weeks but I guess they weren't dry yet.

Any ideas, the sharpie pen matches perfectly.

Thanks, Duke

·
Slotcar Fanatic
13,013 Posts
Be careful with clearcoat and Sharpies. I did a body once and used the black Sharpie to black out the windows, clearcoated it a day later and the Sharpie ink ran. :freak: rr

·
Registered
300 Posts
Chrome

Hi All:

This does not solve the problem, but what I do is to either boil the rims in water or use a jewelry cleaner. Both methods take off the chrome and you have a clean surface to paint the rims any color you want. Some of the first
J/L T/J used black plastic for the rims. Used with the black tires and rims, I placed the purple Cuda on top and it looks great.

Jon

·
Registered
229 Posts
sharpie

I have blacked windows on LL bodies with a Sharpie after repainting and then clearcoated them with Krylon crystal clear with no problems. Dont know about any thing other than black tho-

·
Slotcar Fanatic
13,013 Posts
roadrner said:
Be careful with clearcoat and Sharpies. I did a body once and used the black Sharpie to black out the windows, clearcoated it a day later and the Sharpie ink ran. :freak: rr

I was using Testor's Model Master, definitely too hot for Sharpie. rr

·
Registered
300 Posts
Custom Cuda

Hi

Road Runner, I do not have my own digital camera, but I will get the picture of the Cuda. I always have trouble putting the picture on the thread.

Help

Thanks

Jon

·
Registered
161 Posts
Maybe some thined out clear nail polish painted on with a brush? That should be durable and not smear the Sharpie ink, and give you a little bit of "chip-proofing" for the wheels.
Joe

1 - 10 of 10 Posts