Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The Directing Traffic Story:

The trip back to the airport from Lightning Fest was taking a little longer than expected. We were getting a little anxious when we came upon an accident at an intersection. Nobody would move and we were getting impatient since we had a plane to catch. I noticed there was a parking lot that people could cut through. So, I jumped out of the car and went to work. I wish you could have seen the expression of the face of those in the car in front of us, it was priceless. I only wish I had the Johnny Lightning Helmet on, LOL

Another Funny Story:

When we were passing through the security gate at South Bend Regional Airport, my two boxes of toys were selected for a complete inspection. Keep in mind it took me over 30 minutes to pack those boxes neatly to hold everything. Only to have every item removed a set out on a table. It look like a vendor’s table at Lightning Fest, LOL. Fortunately they allowed me to repack them. The plane ended up being an hour late so it wasn’t a problem but it could have been.

All in all, a great time full of unforgettable memories.

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
I guess my questions is, did you wear the Johnny Lightning "crash" helmet while directing traffic? Were you wearing it before the wreck occured? Did your wearing of the helmet cause the wreck?

·
Premium Member
5,478 Posts
That's funny!!

They got all my babies out for review as well. My flight ended up being 45 mins late. (Had to do the O.J. thing at O'Hare,...you should have seen me bobbing and weaving) You'd have been proud!:D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts