Hobbyist Forums banner

Its the Petty: Father & Son

2K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  camaro75 
Awesome collection! :thumbsup:

I love vintage racecars! Was very excited when Mattel started putting that series out. Sadly, there was not much of a variety around where i was at the time. Small town. Only about 3000 people...

Instead of ordering a couple cases of each release throughout the year, my local Wally ordered several cases of the first release. The hand full of collectors and a probably some kids in the area grabbed a few when they came out, then the rest sat until clearance time... Dozens of them... DW Cyclones, Gurney 'Cudas(which I refused to get because it had full interior and no roll cage :mad:), and the Imai Galaxies.

Therefore, I had to hit the ol' dusty trail a few times and managed to grab a couple nice ones. Missed several I wanted though.

That '70 Roadrunner is NICE. '68-'70 Roadrunners(GTX to a slightly lesser extent) are my favorite car. Was very disappointed when that one never made it to my neck of the woods, or even the surrounding area. Also never saw either of the Talladegas, which would have been nice.

I did manage to grab the '71, even though its misrepresented as a GTX :drunk:. Saw the Superbird, but passed... It just looked a little off to me... Had my financial situation been better at the time I probably would have got it anyway. ;)

-Chunga

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.