Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some poor soul had to part w/ his collection at the pawnshop a couple months back and
I'm still finding good cars in the big bin. All are from '98 and '99. Today I got these beauty's.

I got all 3 of these there, all I need now is the '56 Flashsider to finish out the series. I haven't been able
to dig it out yet but hopefully. I put new shoes on the Dairy and will fix the other 2 up too:

I got both these there. The new one will get new shoes too:

I collect Ferrari and thought this one really looked good in gold.

This little Chaparral 2 will look good sitting by my Ferrari 150 and '69 Brawny Hawk.
They still ran Chaparrals when I was little and I had a gas powered one then:

I just liked the the Solar Eagle:

That's not counting the 15 cars I bought last night at Wal-mart and Big Lots, mostly for customs. I finally got one of the Firebird 400, a Hot Bird, 3 '56 Ford Panel trucks w/ the Champion tampo, Taildragger, Stingray Concept, AAR 'Cuda, '69 Camaro, 2 Street Cleavers (1 of which was an error w/ the rear wing on backwards), etc.

I also got one of the ugly custom Caddys with the bed in back that I'm going to make into a ride for Coffin Joe. If you've never seen any of his movies, like "At Midnight I'll Take Your Soul", you're missing out. You can download it for free at archive.org if interested.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I need an intervention...

I had to have the new Larry's Garage Christmas themed Dairy Delivery and Ford Sedan Delivery K-Mart had today:

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
None whatsoever. When I really like something I go all out for it till the "Next big thing" comes along, and that may take years. :p

In a thread on another site someone posted a photo of what they deemed to be their most rare car, a red Dodge Concept from '98. I had seen the same one this morning at the pawnshop and passed on it due to already having customized one and having another in the Sugar Rush series in the pack.

I did get some new shoes on some of them today...

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
I have searched high and low at pawn shops here, which are on nearly every street corner, and have never found a bit of diecast for sale.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They had quite a few old NASCAR diecast for a buck too. I looked through them and bought a couple as wheel donors but they weren't very good. I did get a nice Skittles Pontiac Grand Prix that had big rubber tires on nice rims but decided the car was too nice to tear up for wheels. It's by my HW Cars NASCAR Charger now.

·
Registered
7,318 Posts
In a thread on another site someone posted a photo of what they deemed to be their most rare car, a red Dodge Concept from '98. I had seen the same one this morning at the pawnshop and passed on it due to already having customized one and having another in the Sugar Rush series in the pack.

That would probably be the red/orange Dodge concept with the PURPLE interior... probably the most rare car of the 98 FE's...I think the peg-warmer color was black interior

98 was the year I started collecting and I remember most of what u posted here being pretty common on the pegs...pretty much peg=warmers themselves...but hey, that was then this is now

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That would probably be the red/orange Dodge concept with the PURPLE interior... probably the most rare car of the 98 FE's...I think the peg-warmer color was black interior

98 was the year I started collecting and I remember most of what u posted here being pretty common on the pegs...pretty much peg=warmers themselves...but hey, that was then this is now
I did go back and look at that car but it didn't seem to me to be anything extraordinary so I put it back. I didn't notice what color the interior was but it's probably still there. I concentrated on the color as it looked similar to what people had posted as employee cars, but I don't know much about it.

I'm used to being limited to what I can find at Wal-Mart, K-Mart or one of the dollar stores so a lot of those old ones are like a TH to me. That Solar Eagle has grown on me. It's much nicer than the solar powered car they make. I found a different style Chapparal the next day too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts