Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Dont think he said anything about QSAC. Nope read post again nothing there. Not everyone wants to run in QSAC some guys like to open things up and have fun.

·
Premium Member
388 Posts
Just to let you know. That will not be Q.S.A.C. legal for the sprint car class.
Fred Murry
Eastern District Director.
Fred: I think we all know that this sprinter is not legal for qsac (yet:p)...However Greg, great job.

Saw these car ran at the last MAMT tour and with the wing on top they do move. With the setup you guys have those cars were throwing dirt and getting the power planted. Good job goes out to Mitchell Machine for designing and mounting them on the HPI. I believe the next MAMT we should get them into the series as another class. Also be cool if some 1/4 pounders be there...

By the way Greg, they are legal for the M.A.M.T Series so go for it....

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sprint car

Hello yes i have tryed the BRP tires on my baja i used the pin tires worked pretty good. Yes its a kit i make the body and a friend of mine make the cage.

Yes i know its not Q S A C legal never said it was in my post. I find it sad that the some 1/4 scale guys don't like the bajas and some baja guy don't like the 1/4 scale guys for some reason. The way i see it everyone has passion for their sport whats the point in bashing each others hobbies or looking down on someone if they can't afford the bigger things.

If you want to see what we are doing go to you tube and look up thunder hill raceway in lincoln nebraska and deadend raceway in blairsburg ia. Their is a modififed tour that we are running and have a bunch of people come and show up and just have a good time. thanks

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,329 Posts
Dont think he said anything about QSAC. Nope read post again nothing there. Not everyone wants to run in QSAC some guys like to open things up and have fun.
I did read the post. I think its a nice piece of workmanship. I was just handing out some information. I have nothing against what you are doing. If it works for you go for it. I was not BASHING anyone. We will be running Baha's at BMI this winter. As of right now with East Coast Modified bodies, If a few of these were to show up I'm sure there would be a class developed for them. Get'em done and bring them. I would love to watch them run.

·
Registered
300 Posts
looks good should be a lot of fun....and sorry about not making any of your races this year Mike....my plans have all but went out the window for this year (thanks to a new driving teenager....LOL) and work has been wierd also...but I'm trying to look ahead for next year and if things mellow out and I can get a few things going my way...I hope to make some other tracks....time will tell....good luck...:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
388 Posts
What kind of rules are you guys running on the MAMT Series?
None, just have to have a modified body and no 4 wheel drive. We keep it simple and so far its working. The 2 guys that is leading the series is running a stock 26cc motors. So far the motor rule is working

·
Registered
91 Posts
None, just have to have a modified body and no 4 wheel drive. We keep it simple and so far its working. The 2 guys that is leading the series is running a stock 26cc motors. So far the motor rule is working
sounds great. i am going to try and hit some of these races next year mother in law lives in ne.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Great thinking outside the box! bajas can be made to go realllllll fast on BRP tires!!
Fastleft did i hear you guys. Have 4 Modifieds and a couple of Sprint Cars.Up there in Maine hiding.From the rest of us.

Fred i think you are right. On the Sprint car not being QSAC leagal.

Nice idea on it. Keep up the good work.

ED:wave::wave:

·
Registered
179 Posts
Looks like a 1/5 scale predator. Race cars have tube chassis not plate chassis. If ya want a plate chassis stick to slot cars. IMO.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Oh ya it is a baja and i do have two a spint car and a modified and a track maybe you have heard of it deadend raceway look it up on youtube thank have a nice day and for pashing my stuff.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
IMO its a good looking car. arent all the chassis on 1/5th scale flat to begin with? must be a reason for that. kinda like why arent wheels still made of stone, why smart phones and not smoke signals anymore? I guess cause someone thought outside the box to try and make things better. IMO

1 - 20 of 24 Posts