Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Between these and the 67 Camaros warming the pegs at my Target it's like Bizarro World.

These started at 6, then dwindled to 3 and are back up to 5 again. I bought one a while ago but they've been hanging for a couple weeks now.

·
Registered
6,817 Posts
I passed on them all including the Snake and Mongoose. Price too high(close to $20 in Canada) and the scale between car and hauler is way off.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Maybe Mattel made more of those castings because of the popularity of the Datsun 510 and '67 Camaro? All I have been able to find in the new F & F premium series is the '67 Camaro. I'd like to find that Datsun transporter set too.

·
Registered
7,318 Posts
I saw the same thing when I was out of town... out of my area. I also bought one, but just don't think even the scalpers are gonna drop that much money on these things, they probably aren't worth selling on ebay even.

As far as the 67 Camaro, I assume yer talking about the Fast and Furious one?... same store had a ton of those, but I'm a Fast and Furious collector and I passed on it. It's just another repainted 67 Camaro.. has been done in every color under the sun, and isn't in the movie long enough to even matter. Love Camaros, any 60's ones but getting tired of that cast... same giant rear wheels with no door lines over and over. The 69 cast is far better... so where is the blue 69 Yenko Camaro that was one one the stars of the 2nd movie?

Heads up for another Fast and Furious Hot Wheels that may warm pegs.... people aren't finding them all over yet, but the 5 pack is being found, and when it is.. there is a flood of them... pics on the net show like 10 or 20 of these hanging. Patience will pay off with those, just like those Speed Blur 5 packs with the Datsun wagon. Those things are hanging everywhere now.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
I saw the same thing when I was out of town... out of my area. I also bought one, but just don't think even the scalpers are gonna drop that much money on these things, they probably aren't worth selling on ebay even.

As far as the 67 Camaro, I assume yer talking about the Fast and Furious one?... same store had a ton of those, but I'm a Fast and Furious collector and I passed on it. It's just another repainted 67 Camaro.. has been done in every color under the sun, and isn't in the movie long enough to even matter. Love Camaros, any 60's ones but getting tired of that cast... same giant rear wheels with no door lines over and over. The 69 cast is far better... so where is the blue 69 Yenko Camaro that was one one the stars of the 2nd movie?

Heads up for another Fast and Furious Hot Wheels that may warm pegs.... people aren't finding them all over yet, but the 5 pack is being found, and when it is.. there is a flood of them... pics on the net show like 10 or 20 of these hanging. Patience will pay off with those, just like those Speed Blur 5 packs with the Datsun wagon. Those things are hanging everywhere now.
Good points. I suppose a lot of older collectors are burnt out from seeing the same old '67 Camaro but as someone who is new to the hobby and a diecast Camaro collector in general I had to get it. That makes it one of three '67 Camaro's in my collection. The only other ones I really want from the new series are the red Chevelle and '77 Firebird. I have seen all the F&F movies but that's not why I collect some of the premium cars . I just like the cars.

That being said my favourite Camaro of all time is the '68.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, the 510s are 2 per case and the Camaros are 3 per, I believe. I just never thought I'd see the day where the market was over-saturated with BRE Datsun 510s. I thought I'd never find one on the pegs when I first saw them previewed.

My store got a side shipper which had about 20 or so in it. That's now gone and they pegged the remainder. Today there were only about 5 or 6 left. I thought about getting one for the Impala, but the rest of the castings are ho-hum. Especially for a franchise that started out with Japanese cars. I have all the others from the supposed WM exclusive series.

·
Premium Member
9,392 Posts
I have seen peg warmers of the team transport 1971 datsun bluebird 510 and fleet flyer. But none of my targets or any of my Walmart's have put out the new fast and furious 1/4 mile muscle cars. They either have pegs full of the first batch of fast and furious cars that came out or they still have pegs full of the hotwheels 50th anniversary favorites cars or the pegs are completely empty of the fast and furious cars. I found the red 1970 Chevy chevelle SS at advance auto parts. I found the 1967 Camaro at o'Reilly auto parts store. And I got the 1969 Ford mustang boss 302 and 1977 Pontiac firebird trans am from one of my friends. I still haven't found the gray 1970 Chevy chevelle SS. So no peg warmers of the 1967 Camaro around here where I live.

·
Registered
2,872 Posts
You are Lucky to have so much choice of shops in the states & such a big range of cars.
In the UK we get only the basic series & possibly a choice of the 5 or 10 pack cars. Even the normal range of cars are hard to find. our Sainsbury stores get a box full in (don't know how much is in a box, but i'd guess around 50 cars) & it's usually two or three months before anything else shows up.) Poundland stores occasionally get a batch of random cars in, but again it's been months since any new cars have shown up. (All they have on display are some of those stupid Hot wheels wooden cars.!)
Very annoying having to pay well over the top prices on E-bay, just for Basic release cars. :(

·
Registered
700 Posts
stopped at a Walmart near Baltimore a few hours ago. They had about 10 of the Team Transport Datsuns hanging and 1 Skyline Transport. Of course didn't see the Black Hole Transport. I already have that one anyway. I am glad they're making enough of these that they're pretty easy to get. I hate being tortured with preview pics of stuff that I can never find.

·
Registered
502 Posts
everyone here is snapping up the black Nova. Was at Walmart the other day looking at cars and they had a Nova hanging right up front but I wasn't interested because I already have 2, but another guy showed up and hurried over to it and snapped it off the hook. It just made me laugh a bit.

Also around here all of the F&F cars, with exception of the primer grey Chevelle because of course, are common and easy to find. Fred Meyer(regional chain owned by Kroger) flooded their stores about a month back with them and that Satin and Gold set so collectors around here were able to get copious amounts of them. Myself I snapped up like 6 Trans Ams, a couple for me but also for my dad and brother.

I'm hoping Fred Meyer does the same with that new Desert Rally set.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
everyone here is snapping up the black Nova. Was at Walmart the other day looking at cars and they had a Nova hanging right up front but I wasn't interested because I already have 2, but another guy showed up and hurried over to it and snapped it off the hook. It just made me laugh a bit.

Also around here all of the F&F cars, with exception of the primer grey Chevelle because of course, are common and easy to find. Fred Meyer(regional chain owned by Kroger) flooded their stores about a month back with them and that Satin and Gold set so collectors around here were able to get copious amounts of them. Myself I snapped up like 6 Trans Ams, a couple for me but also for my dad and brother.

I'm hoping Fred Meyer does the same with that new Desert Rally set.
I was in Portland last week and went to my first (several) Fred Meyers. All of them have what you describe except.... the satin and gold 510 wagon - of course.
I went to one Walmart and got 3 things and went to 5 Fred Meyers and left all of them empty. But Id love to have them on the east coast, they have a great selection of stuff.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts