Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
I'm speechless. All I can say is: Holy bleeping bleep! That is SWEET!

For 44 years we have waited for this. It was worth the wait.

ALL HAIL MOEBIUS!

Oh . . . nice pussycat.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Why you lucky,lucky bastad! That looks awesome,and I can see your cat is quite excited about it too. Thanks for the pics!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I haven't torn into the parts bags yet, but from what I've seen of the saucer and leg bits, the engineering on this kit is impressive. The slot and tab idea for how the legs attach to the hull is solid - I had the basic leg pieces glued up with some CA and snapped in after maybe ten minutes. The saucer halves are BIG, and fit together nicely - although as previously noted by Dave Metzner and others, this isn't a model that lends itself to easily lifting the top off like the PL one. And it shouldn't be, the peg system seems to register the parts nicely and they will need to be glued.

The surfaces on my hull look fantastic for such large pieces. Now as you all get these you will likely see a couple of sink holes on the underside of the saucer, where the locating pins are, but these are extremely easy to cover and smooth over so if you feel you need to whine about these, save your breath and don't do it on these forums as it's the sort of fix that an eight year old could handle.

There are some amazing photo-etch sets coming up for the Jupiter 2, but to be honest I think this thing will make a fantastic out-of-the-box build.

Oh and another final thought on the hull - "Great curves, man!" :D

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
The hull can be lifted pretty easy. I had our test shot at 3-4 shows, and I had to constantly open it. Goes back together pretty well, tight fit with no glue on the hull halves. You'll have to decide for yourselves, but you may not want to glue it for a while until you play with it.

·
Premium Member
1,220 Posts
The hull can be lifted pretty easy. I had our test shot at 3-4 shows, and I had to constantly open it. Goes back together pretty well, tight fit with no glue on the hull halves. You'll have to decide for yourselves, but you may not want to glue it for a while until you play with it.
MMM. just tap out the pin mounts so you can take top off to show off the neat detail inside and maybe do up an extra display base to sit the top on as a crash dio :thumbsup:

Mines still a few weeks away but what a start to the new year :woohoo: Thanks again Moebius. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
2,614 Posts
Hi BlackbirdCD,
I hate to ask, but if you have some time, we would love to see more pictures of the parts even if they are still in their bags, if you have the time......:wave:

·
Premium Member
7,148 Posts
Wow!....just Wow....
I'm a Monster Model Freak....but this is a MUST HAVE :thumbsup:
Too Cool not to get!!!
Mcdee:wave:

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I don't have any of the interior bits glued in at all, it's just the top flopped onto the bottom with an open interior. I'll bet that by having the interior parts in place (especially the floor) it makes the bottom half more rigid, thus easier to align the top for those quick changeouts. And just to be clear, I didn't see this as a negative in the slightest.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Looks like an episode of Land Of The Giants.Still hard to grasp the size.Either put your head or your hand right next to it.That would give us a more precise reference about it's size.Here's an idea.Put it on top of your head.This way it will look like a space helmet.:tongue:

1 - 20 of 50 Posts