Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hiya, My names Jeremy, Jez for short, and I've been lurking around the boards here for the last few months.

Inspired by all your customizing threads, today I completed my first ever wheel swap:

This Old Kelloggs Frosties MB 1\64 Trans Am:

The Transporter is in for a new more realistic paintjob...

Disassembled:

The Donor Car:

The Swap complete:

And the corvette looking none to pleased with his side of the deal:

I think the Trans-Am looks so much better, I had no idea how much fun & feel good factor can be derived from such a simple mod.
Next in store for the Trans-Am, is a interior respray in an off white colour, and an exterior respray in House of Kolor Kandy Apple Red.

Over the last couple of months I've been on a bit of an ebay spending spree and i've literally bought any 1\64 diecast that catches my eye, here's my, "to be Customized" box:

So lots to be getting on with and I promise to keep you updated with lots of pics.

Cheers,

Jez.

P.S. in case any of you were wondering what's that in the background, it's just a couple of airbrush practise panels.:

·
Registered
10,947 Posts
Oh man, your a lost cause now! Welcome to the club and were glad your here. Looks like a great load of customs to get started on, looking forward to all the pics to follow.

Ward

·
Registered
90 Posts
There arent many good casts of the 79-80 T/As...thats gonna be sweeeeeet with some fresh paint.

MAN...ya got enough Chargers in that "to do" box?? LOL!!
Looking forward to seeing the 73s done up.

Thats some pretty decent airbrush work...keep it up!!

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
You're off to a great start and will be so glad you started customizing. :)

That wrecker would be a good custom too.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the welcomes guys,

It's true there's no hope for me now... I don't even know how I got into collecting. I remember getting some 1/18 models, Christine, Kitt the BTTF DeLorean as well as the gold DeLorean and the regular one... I like Deloreans LOL! Anyone know when the 2010 Hotwheels DeLorean is due out? I need about 20 of them for a planned project!!
Then I found some 1\64 Plymouth Furys and Belvederes so I got those and it kinda escalated from there really.
If I was at the supermarket I'd walk down the toy Aisle and sneak a glance at the Hot Wheels, If I saw something I liked like the odd Charger I'd quickly grab it!! LOL! I tend to take my time now though:)

Is there a D\A meeting nearby???? (Diecast Anonymous).

I like Chargers, there's also a challenger and many others, more turned up today LOl!!

As for Kool aid and Sleepyness.... I'm Narcoleptic so how would I notice?

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
I agree, you are doooooomed as its hard to look at a 1/64 Car there after
after you chopped one up and thinking what my Dremel Tool can do to it.
... lol ... Keep up the great work as it gets better with each individual Car
you chop up. :thumbsup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts